Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

That's what the "VAM" button does, albertodream.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Working good in Cubase 5. Thanks 2DaT and layzer!

DuX wrote:That's what the "VAM" button does, albertodream.
Exactly why I was against that damn thing being called VAM. :x

lalo wrote:hi 2Dat, i'm using 64 samples buffer and i can definitely hear to much zipper noise when controlling knobs via MIDI controller. Everything is smoother with host automation.
I tried to arm a couple of parameters in Reaper automation and if the OBxd GUI is open the Reaper windows freezes ( nothing moves exept OBxd knobs being automated but audio side works ).
Nice work anyway!
Anyone can confirm this bug?

On Ableton Live 9.1 64 bit everything works. Even the zipper nois from midi control is far far better ( almost inaudible ). I wonder if it's a Reaper problem. Can anyone with both host do some test?

thanks

CPU seems a bit hi in Ableton around 15% on my i7 2.2 Ghz ( quad real, octo virtual )

DuX wrote:That's what the "VAM" button does, albertodream.
Thanks DuX.

lalo wrote:CPU seems a bit hi in Ableton around 15% on my i7 2.2 Ghz ( quad real, octo virtual )
Possibly one core performance.

yes i guess Ableton report single core CPU usage.

I have tested it with buffer size 177 in Ableton Live 8.4.1 lite 64bit, and there were some instability in the cpu usage where the cpu measure changes its value all the time from about 16% to 50% usage (like a gentle spike), but no clipping noise or overload cpu noise.
Changing the buffer size to 442 didn't make any difference!!

I didn't experience GUI problems. I midi learned cut off, and it worked fine with the controller (MPK Mini).

In Cubase Elements 6 64bit, it was little bit more stable than Live, but still there are spikes like (with 177 buffer size).

In Sutdio One v2.61 64bit, the cpu usage was stable at about 18%, no spikes (with buffer size about 177).

Those what I have! I use it mainly in Sonar X3 64bit and the performance is similar to Studio One :-)

no trouble in fl. :D
absolut great sound and the gui is classic too. :clap:
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

EnGee wrote:I have tested it with buffer size 177 in Ableton Live 8.4.1 lite 64bit, and there were some instability in the cpu usage where the cpu measure changes its value all the time from about 16% to 50% usage (like a gentle spike), but no clipping noise or overload cpu noise.
Changing the buffer size to 442 didn't make any difference!!
Those are rather odd buffer sizes, aren't they? Most audio cards/interfaces prefer even multiples of 8, such as 64, 128, 256, 512 and so on.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Ingonator wrote:Here is a very small bank for OBXd (latest version with the new GUI) that includes 3 patches (2 Synth Brass + 1 PWM Strings):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... nk%201.fxb
Just used the PWM Strings patch (3rd patch) to check the use of some of my favorite effects which are ValhallaVintageVerb, TAL Chorus-LX (freeware) and Arts Acoustic Big Rock Phase-Shifter.

Here are a few audio demos using combinatis of those FXs (no other FXs added):

1.) ValhallaVintageVerb (Dry/Wet 20%):
OBXd - Strings + FXs_Test 01

2.) ValhallaVintageVerb, TAL Chorus-LX (at mode I, Dry/Wet 50%, full Stereo width) :
OBXd - Strings + FXs_Test 02

3.) ValhallaVintageVerb, TAL Chorus-LX (at mode I + II, Dry/Wet 50%, full Stereo width) :
OBXd - Strings + FXs_Test 03

4.) ValhallaVintageVerb, TAL Chorus-LX (at mode I + II, Dry/Wet 50%, full Stereo width), Arts Acoustic Big Rock Phase-Shifter (at 50% Dry/Wet) :
OBXd - Strings + FXs_Test 04

The free TAL Chorus-LX is available here:
http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-chorus-lx

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Fellow Big Rock phaser fan? :hihi: That thingie makes everything sound like "Oxygene". :lol: :love: it!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:Fellow Big Rock phaser fan? :hihi: That thingie makes everything sound like "Oxygene". :lol: :love: it!
Yep, big fan of both Oxygene and Big Rock. Usually also an ensemble/Chorus is necessary for THAT sound. A Big Rock preset called "PD Eminent Jarre HiColor" was used for this... :)

The Strings preset was no optimized for use wit ha Phaser (not all Strings patches sound great with a Phaser) but i'll try to get a better one if possible.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”