New DIVA components

Official support for: u-he.com

Which synth's components would you like to see u-he add to DIVA next?

Yamaha CS-80
25%
Oberheim OB-X
27%
Prophet 5 V2
15%
ARP 2500
8%
Synthacon Filters
1%
Roland TB-303 Filters
14%
Synthi
5%
Polyvoks
6%

Total votes: 488

RELATED
PRODUCTS

yum-cha wrote:maybe that's why the D-50 card in the V-Synth didn't really sound right too?
As far as I know (told to me by Roland tech), the D-50 card in the V-Synth contains exactly the same code as the original D50.

Urs wrote: please don't expect any update with new modules in 2014.
"...must have brains..." signed, the Living Dead.

everyone's pleased with the modules we got this holiday. time to just dig into Diva for more sounds. (can't wait to see what you do next with Bazille. "more brains")

mcnoone wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Was just demoing the latest version and discovered that it uses way less resources than I thought. I always thought my computer was way too weak for Diva as one chord tends to use 50%+ in my default DAW.
A lot of it is in how many voices and stacks.
The lower the voices and stacks the lower the cpu.
Some of these you can manually lower and save, without any note cut-off happening, so long as you are staying in the 3-4 note chords area.
I design all my Diva sounds with this in mind, and get no overload on my mbp coreduo2 w/t only 4gb ram, and a 2.8ghz chip.
Your specks are much higher, (I've seen you've mentioned before) which could mean that you may have too much running in your background processes causing a lack of power that really shouldn't be happening.
In mono modes Diva uses no more cpu than any other soft modern soft synth imo.
In poly mode there are things that can be done to lower the cpu usage.

btw...I don't use multi-core at all.
I'm in divine mode always as well.
The multi-core doesn't always work well on my system. Gives it random hiccup type issues, so I don't use it.
I still don't get any cpu overload/distort issues. Using my own sounds at all.
I have done some tests, seems to depend on the DAW used. I have posted the results here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p5617400

EvilDragon wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:The Multicore option should be global, though, independent of the patch. Either the computer requires it, or not.
It is global, per instance.

Regarding the skin, check out Divalicious:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4#p5604934

I use it instead of the default skin - it's cleaner and better on the eyes IMHO. YMMV.
Strange, I thought the light went out a couple of times when I opened various factory presets. Just tried it again, it never went out, but changed its color a lot, a multicore christmas tree :)

Yes, that skin looks a bit more ergonomic :)

Howard wrote:
yum-cha wrote:maybe that's why the D-50 card in the V-Synth didn't really sound right too?
As far as I know (told to me by Roland tech), the D-50 card in the V-Synth contains exactly the same code as the original D50.
I would stand corrected Howard it that is the case.

Rubbish excuse... I am deeply familiar with the tone of the later D-70 and W-30 / S-550 but my experience on the D-50 is more limited... it's been a while. Spending a week with the D-50 card in the V-Synth didn't bring back memories of that special phasiness you get when playing pads constructed out of the tasty Rhodes PCM sample (even with the D-50 output converters mode engaged).

I never did an A/B. Excuse me for bad mouthing the guys at Roland.

Urs wrote:Hehe, thing is, we didn't initiate this vote, we'll do what we think is best* anyway :-p

It is kind of pure coincidence that we modelled the SEM filter which was also the winner in this vote.

We'll see where things go from here, but please don't expect any update with new modules in 2014.

- Urs
Don't worry... this is basically wishful thinking talk and expectations. I, at least, will take whatever comes added, and will try to make the best out of it. And you're right - Zebra v2 and Bazille are the priorities for 2014, of course.

Nevertheless, someone said that there are no coincidences, and I don't believe the choice of the SVF to be one of the first add-ons to DIVA was an innocent and coincidental option :wink:

I still hope the thread gives you some extra ideas, and by all means, make use of them :)
Fernando (FMR)

I always liked the Rhodes Chroma sound, but it is not listed :roll:

Phil999 wrote:Envelope attack time modulation was not featured in old polyphonic synthesisers. I guess this is the main reason why it isn't featured in Diva. I admit it's not a bad feature, but on the other hand we have to ask ourselves if it is really necessary. Countless examples of great music has been created with those old synths, and nobody has ever missed envelope attack time modulation. There are modern softsynths for these 'modern' features.
Well, I only use synths because I can't play most instruments out there myself and because I don't like romplers, so I use synths almost exclusively to emulate real instruments, except for synth basses and simple pads. Thus I like to be able to emulate sound details of real instruments as well...
Never mind...

fluffy_little_something wrote: On my quest for one high-end synth plugin in my setup I have put aside money waiting to be spent, love the sound, even my computer can handle it, yet there is no point in buying Diva because I don't feel like programming sounds with a magnifying glass in one hand :P

Change the GUI size

pdxindy wrote:Change the GUI size
Well, then the GUI covers almost my entire screen, the problem is the less than optimal design as such...
At least it sounds good :) Have been playing around for almost an hour now, trying many of those components...
Is there a thread where people can post their free patches? :)

Now that Uhbie and the Digital Osc are here, CS-80 and Synthu would be ace ;)

fluffy_little_something wrote:I always liked the Rhodes Chroma sound, but it is not listed :roll:
The things that are listed are those that the poster knew we had access to, at that time.

We still have no Prophet 5, Chroma, ARP 2600, Synthi, Wasp. We also don't have access to an ARP 2500, we only had the opportunity to borrow a filter module (which we didn't). Also, the opportunity to borrow a Synthex is gone for now.

I'm using every free time of my vacation (sic!) to work on modeling an analogue filter prototype that wasn't ever used in any existing synth. This one is going beyond the known bases. Not sure yet if it'll sound any good though :clown:

wow, that sounds promising. Why limit ourselves to existing/classic hardware circuitry? If an emulation sounds good, why not use it? Even if it's an emulation of something that was never built in hardware.

I think software makes things possible that was difficult to do or completely not doable in hardware. And when we're talking about software, why not take advantage of this?

Urs wrote:We still have no Prophet 5, ...
But you do have a Pro-One, right? :wink:

nBeat wrote:
Urs wrote:We still have no Prophet 5, ...
But you do have a Pro-One, right? :wink:
Not quite the same… the allegedly greatest sounding P5 is the Rev2, which uses SSM chips in the filter section. The Pro One uses CEM chips, like the much more common Rev 3 or the Prophet 5.

Return to “u-he”