Free - NI Supercharger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Supercharger

All good, sorted ;)
Eternitysound VST Banks

I don't know how well I'm actually getting along with this plugin, I need to spend some more time with it.

The idea of a simplified UI, one-knob-does-most-of-the-work compressor is cool, I just don't know if the character of it is quite for me?

I own DC8C/DC8C2 from Klanghelm and I still use the freebie DC1A, which despite its simplified exterior, has most or all of the cool stuff that DC8C has under the hood, just pre-set for you and simplified the control down to an input and output knob and a few buttons to adjust the character. And, to be totally frank, I think I like DC1A better than the Supercharger. It doesn't do automatic makeup gain, but it has a good meter and it's not difficult to work with when that's like the only knobs you adjust.

But I certainly can't complain about Supercharger's price, free is great :) I'm sure I'll figure out some things to do with it if I spend more time with it.

I wonder why it's so large, though. Not that it's problematic given how much RAM even middle of the road comps have today, let alone audio workstations, but it is curious that it requires so much residency just to do its relatively simple thing. Hm.

I dunno, I complain about it :lol:

Frankly, I'd rather have payware that does what it's supposed to vs freeware that isn't going to work for me :shrug: I can't get past the fact that everything I try it needs a transient early to work properly (which is very bad for exporting stems/freezing/etc.

The sad thing is, that once it's "in" , I could see some use as an "effects" comp. I have beautiful comps thought for other tasks that don't need a workaround so though I'm glad it's free, I haven't found a practical use for it.

soundpalace wrote:For all other plugins, NI offer demo versions which can be authorised to full versions. I think they simply haven't gotten around to uploading demo versions of Supercharger yet unfortunately.

You can generally create a support ticket to NI requesting the installers in such cases ;)
Hi Soundpalace,

great thanks for the help!!!
I've requested already a download link from the support over a week ago but without an answer so far. I guess they are very busy after the holiday.

Regards,
Stefan

soundpalace wrote:For all other plugins, NI offer demo versions which can be authorised to full versions. I think they simply haven't gotten around to uploading demo versions of Supercharger yet unfortunately.

You can generally create a support ticket to NI requesting the installers in such cases ;)
Don't forget, NI specifically stated there will be no support on this item.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Chaos check your PMs. :party:
ImageImageImageImage

Mushy Mushy wrote:

Well, when I found Service Center did not see my [Pacifist-extracted-] install of it, I took out a ticket, and someone responded. It wasn't anything I could use because of the nature of the problem, but support got back to me in a day or so.

jancivil wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:

Well, when I found Service Center did not see my [Pacifist-extracted-] install of it, I took out a ticket, and someone responded. It wasn't anything I could use because of the nature of the problem, but support got back to me in a day or so.
Oh perfect then.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

this plugin does nothing for me.... oh well, can't have a "driver" every year
Finally!

I've deleted some posts. A reminder people shouldn't need: If you don't have permission to redistribute something, don't. Certainly not here. And, no, it doesn't matter that is just an installer. If you don't have permission, don't do it. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Hello, is it possible to transfer (free Supercharger) licence to someone else. I don't want sell it, just if someone want it for free. I contacted NI via email, they send me back this link. :shrug: :help:
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote:Hello, is it possible to transfer (free Supercharger) licence to someone else. I don't want sell it, just if someone want it for free. I contacted NI via email, they send me back this link. :shrug: :help:
That's just the regular support page so maybe they want you to log a support ticket. Or maybe just go for it; raise a ticket asking them to remove the serial from your account as you want to give it to someone else and see if they do it (normally takes a few days). If they do then great, be sure to post here as I'll then give mine away too, struggle to hear it having any positive effect... :)

[Mod edit: As an addendum to my post above: Please don't ask people to redistribute things they don't have permission to redistribute either.]
http://www.wildcafe.com -> artist website | http://www.danaandwild.com -> artist website
http://www.phonicfusion.com -> label website | http://www.bedengler.com -> parent enterprise

http://www.web-kasse.at -> web project

on my sketchmachine(xp) : extracted it,put everything in the good place but doesnt show up in servicecenter,what now?

I just can't get along with this thing. Is there some material that someone could point to as being really good with it? I've got some absolutely stellar compressors but I generally try to give Native Instruments stuff a shot, and a commercial plugin offered for free is a pretty good deal if it's quality, I just am having trouble figuring this thing out for practical use. I love the UI, and I like the idea of automatic gain compensation plus one-step gain staging with the optimum signal level indicator, but I don't love the sound at all and I can't figure out what this shines on, if I'm just missing it or if it simply isn't for me.

By way of comparison, I like the Desk mode of Klanghelm SDRR better for simple compression with some nice character, and it has straightforward and intuitive input trim and metering which kinda takes the effort out of gain adjustment (it's not automatic, but it's awfully quick and easy). And that's not even Klanghelm's compressor, it's just one mode on a (very very good) saturation plugin :-\

Anybody just love this thing and can open my eyes to what it is I'm missing? I know I've got my own ears and I know it ought to be straightforward, but I am just not gelling with this freebie so far. I'd like to change that if there's something I am really missing out on, but if what I hear is what I get, it looks like it's probably going to end up being a plugin that I don't go to for anything. I really appreciate them giving it away for free, that was mighty cool, I just don't think it's doing things I like.

Return to “Effects”