What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

License Transfer policy

Official support for: reveal-sound.com

Moderator: vega555

MikeCallon
KVRist

111 posts since 2 Jan, 2004

Postby MikeCallon; Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:23 am License Transfer policy

Hi,

I have the option of purchasing a 'second hand' copy of Spire from a user here on KVR - anybody know what the license transfer policy is please ?

Many thanks,

Mike
osiris
KVRAF

7320 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:04 am Re: License Transfer policy

I'd also like to know this. I have a chance to do a trade. Sent an email on their GMail account. Didn't Theo get mad because they never responded to his request?
We'll see.
MikeCallon
KVRist

Postby MikeCallon; Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:54 am Re: License Transfer policy

osiris wrote:I'd also like to know this. I have a chance to do a trade. Sent an email on their GMail account. Didn't Theo get mad because they never responded to his request?
We'll see.

What's everybody's experience of dealing with Reveal Sound ? I'm used to dealing with U-HE who are absolutely excellent - I've had no response to emails to support (not even an acknowledgement they've received the email) and no response in this 'Official Company Forum' (which isn't exactly buzzing with activity!).

It's a real shame because I've been playing with the demo and the synth sounds great ... but there's no way I'll buy if the developer is invisible !

Mike
osiris
KVRAF

Postby osiris; Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:10 am Re: License Transfer policy

I sent an email 24 hours ago to the Gmail address. I will now send one to the other address. D16 has already transferred their license and now the guy is just waiting on Reveal. What's up guys?
havran
KVRAF

1755 posts since 20 May, 2010, from between a star and the sea

Postby havran; Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:55 am Re: License Transfer policy

I was going to suggest that maybe they are still working out their transfer policy and are not ready to publish it yet, but I notice that the last KVR post from vega555 is dated December 19th. Hope it's nothing serious!
osiris
KVRAF

Postby osiris; Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:07 am Re: License Transfer policy

Answered. And I tell you this. You send them the license file and sign a .RTF file, send it back.
osiris
KVRAF

Postby osiris; Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:30 am Re: License Transfer policy

I would also put use the support@ email address. This seems much quicker.
MikeCallon
KVRist

Postby MikeCallon; Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:00 am Re: License Transfer policy

osiris wrote:I would also put use the support@ email address. This seems much quicker.

Well I emailed that address over 48 hours ago now and still no response.

It's a real shame - Spire sounds fantastic, but if the dev doesn't have the means to reply to support emails within 48 hours or even make an appearance in their own forum for over a month then it doesn't give me a lot of confidence to invest in the synth :?

Mike
TheoM
KVRAF

19204 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:19 pm Re: License Transfer policy

osiris wrote:I'd also like to know this. I have a chance to do a trade. Sent an email on their GMail account. Didn't Theo get mad because they never responded to his request?
We'll see.

Hi not at all. I did originally get frustrated I couldn't get an answer in the spire topic itself, but I came back and publicly said in that topic that via email they answered in a courteous and professional manner within hours, and furthermore that their transfer policy was perfect (free, simple, no nfr).
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
osiris
KVRAF

Postby osiris; Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:52 am Re: License Transfer policy

Just be patient. Like Theo says : Transfer free, simple....
Took a couple of days, but I understand things are quite mad in Russia these days..

Moderator: vega555

Return to Reveal Sound