What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Help me get started with VSTGUI

DSP, Plug-in and Host development discussion.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

keyman_sam
KVRAF

3396 posts since 7 Mar, 2005

Postby keyman_sam; Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:45 am Re: Help me get started with VSTGUI

aciddose wrote:They've cured this issue in the VSTGUI4x versions by using functions provided by the OS for decoding.

Not surprisingly though, eight years later I still can't recommend using VSTGUI over rolling your own. Using it for anything serious requires so many modifications and eventually some of their design decisions will limit what you can accomplish without completely replacing large chunks of the library.

I can recommend that if you do use VSTGUI, definitely use the latest version. With all its limitations and things I would do differently, 4x actually begins to work quite reliably with minimal effort.

4.x also has the 'missing png.h' file problem.

Tell me this aciddose - can I create a GUI like this (using vstgui?):
http://www.deviantart.com/art/gui-desig ... -149789129
Alesis Fusion 6HD for sale/trade - Pm me!

Sample Libraries for Shortcircuit
aciddose
KVRAF

9056 posts since 7 Dec, 2004, from Vancouver, Canada

Postby aciddose; Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:52 am Re: Help me get started with VSTGUI

I can't tell you that based upon a screenshot.

VSTGUI does not support layers unless you make a lot of modifications.

Anything you can do with simple bitmap alpha-blit should be possible if you invest enough effort.

4x doesn't have any issue if configured correctly. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't configured correctly by default though.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development