NI @ NAMM? Anything?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I used to know these things, but alas... Any news or rumors re: NI and NAMM? I know they don't attend, but any new products? (FM9? Absynth 6? Reaktor Next? Maschine MK3?)

I haven't seen NI do a Namm show in years, they've got away from attending them and do self promotion, but no I haven't heard of NI doing anything yet.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

The NAMM show is for....retailers. It makes no sense to hold back production on software just for a namm show presentation that most likely won't be picked up by retailers. Or to introduce vaporware that isn't and may never be ready for the general public.

If NI on the other hand came up with something smart like...receptor a portable non invasive all in one software and hardware solution then it might be something that would be of interest to retailers.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

tapper mike wrote:The NAMM show is for....retailers. It makes no sense to hold back production on software just for a namm show presentation that most likely won't be picked up by retailers. Or to introduce vaporware that isn't and may never be ready for the general public.

If NI on the other hand came up with something smart like...receptor a portable non invasive all in one software and hardware solution then it might be something that would be of interest to retailers.
With Spectrasonics being the complete antithesis of that...

Spectrasonics doesn't have nearly as big product range as NI to take care of. :D

I think NI won't attend NAMM anymore at all.

I may be wrong. Based on what the ceo of namm is saying NI may indeed be at the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN9-Pol-r8c
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

EvilDragon wrote:Spectrasonics doesn't have nearly as big product range as NI to take care of. :D
I think NI won't attend NAMM anymore at all.
Well, with less to show, why do the Spectrasons need to be there at all then?
It seems more like narcissism than anything else.
The logic just doesn't pan out. NI at least has hardware they could show.
I'd much rather see NI there than the usual celebrity licking that Spectra puts out.

:hihi:

dont hate the player (specstrasonics)... hate the game (software development world)...

it is remarkable how specstrasonics have only 3 products and no serious updates/upgrades in years... and still commands respect...

i believe there are a ton of individuals that if specstrasonics had a new product that cost $500... individuals would buy it without even see it... just on name alone... :clap:

forgot to add... a ton of individuals is not the same as all individuals... if one would not buy a new specstrasonics product without see it... they are not part of the "ton of individuals",,,

neverenoughfunk wrote:dont hate the player (specstrasonics)... hate the game (software development world)...

it is remarkable how specstrasonics have only 3 products and no serious updates/upgrades in years... and still commands respect...

i believe there are a ton of individuals that if specstrasonics had a new product that cost $500... individuals would buy it without even see it... just on name alone... :clap:
Oh, I don't hate Spectrasonics, it's just imo they take themselves too seriously and demand respect, not command it. And it causes me to chuckle at them and those that buy into the attitude is all.

I think your right though. I think many would buy a new product at $500.00 from them sight unseen. It goes right with what I've always said, they got a pig in a poke and someone will buy it without looking in the bag.

They could do just as well never doing another NAMM again.

BBFG# wrote: And it causes me to chuckle at them and those that buy into the attitude is all.
i guess that the price one pays to be tops in their field... when it comes to sounds design... whose resume is as nice as Eric Persing?

Well, 'top' is subjective. I like the guy, pretty much always have (maybe not as much when he worked down on Lankershim). I'm definitely not slighting him personally. But some of their marketing and arrandizing propaganda cause me to wonder why people fall for it so easily.
Last edited by BBFG# on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like I said, they don't really need NAMM.
And NI probably doesn't either.

But a person could get more out of a NI demostration of their hardware than a 'show' from Spectrasonics filled with celebrities.

BBFG# wrote:Like I said,
i just saying... i do not agree....

neverenoughfunk wrote:
:lol: I wouldn't expect you to.
It's not your nature. :tu:

BBFG# wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:
:lol: I wouldn't expect you to.
It's not your nature. :tu:
thinking for myself is a bad thing... or being influenced by others is better? :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”