[BreakTweaker] New Izotope @ NAMM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Phase47 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

No, but as long as it's not a iOS app, I'm watching...

^^^Agreed. It looks a little iPad-y in the picture though. I'm hoping not.

Multi FX

Stutter Edit 2 or Stutter iOS

It's most likely BreakTweaker, another of BTs products purchased by iZotope.
BreakTweaker will give beat-makers new tools for synthesizing drum sounds and creating complex micro-rhythmic patterns- techniques that are not possible with conventional drum machines and music production software.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

BT has been tweeting about a new product. This is likely it.

Looking like it. I wonder how micro-rhythmic will differ from what you can already accomplish in Stutter Edit.

I remember back when STutter Edit came out, BT had been talking about the second plug-in they were working on at the same time, break something. Breaktweaker?

So yeah I'm sure this is that. Curious how it's different to stutter edit as well.

BreakTwerker and Strutter Edit...getting crunk while it struts!

A quick google reveals this recent trademark filing for BreakTweaker. Seems like perhaps more of a playable effect (like Stutter Edit) rather than an instrument. Very little concrete detail still, at least based on the very broad description here.

http://www.legalforce.com/map/breaktweaker-86144337.htm
The BREAKTWEAKER is a product related to Computer software and hardware for creating, altering, recording and performing of sounds and music, including drums, percussion, sequencing, instrument patterns, and tracks; and sound libraries and patterns. The BREAKTWEAKER product has not yet been made publicly available yet in the United States.

Here is a video from Richard Devine (most likely of Breaktweaker) being triggered from an OP-1.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152122334135358

"yep its controlling something I can't show right now, but it will be released at NAMM"
I'm not an insider, but I'm 99% sure that you are hearing Breaktweaker.
And NAMM is this week.
And it will be awesome, if you like Stutter Edit.

:)

BBFG# wrote:No, but as long as it's not a iOS app, I'm watching...
:tu:

aLeksVolt wrote:Here is a video from Richard Devine (most likely of Breaktweaker) being triggered from an OP-1.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152122334135358

"yep its controlling something I can't show right now, but it will be released at NAMM"
I'm not an insider, but I'm 99% sure that you are hearing Breaktweaker.
And NAMM is this week.
And it will be awesome, if you like Stutter Edit.

That sounds almost exactly like what you can do with Stutter Edit. I wonder how they will differentiate themselves from each other.

Phase47 wrote: That sounds almost exactly like what you can do with Stutter Edit. I wonder how they will differentiate themselves from each other.
That's what I was thinking when I heard it too.

If it is a microrhythmic "drum machine," I wonder if it will let you load your own samples?

Return to “Instruments”