RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just posted an eventual solution here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p5618275

Hope it helps.

crimsonwarlock wrote:No mention of ReaDelay yet
Because it doesn't do ping pong delays?

baba_anubis wrote:
Gonga wrote:Also, any of the TAL delays will do great ping pongs.
I tried TAL Dub delay couldnt get simple pingpong delay...

whats the diffrence betweeb simple delay and dub delay?
Try the latest one...it has a ping pong setting. Sounds like you want a perfect ping pong, and it's true few delays offer it.

I believe U-He Satin has a classic tape (that's where it came from) ping pong but that's far from free...
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

GaryG wrote:
Bionic Delay - The Interruptor
And a link for you: http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_donationware.shtml

I can highly recommend Twin Delay.

Since it has separate controls for Left and Right delay plus 4 different PingPong modes and separate Feedback and Cross-Feedback controls it can do 'echo patterns' that many other delays cant. It also has very nice LowPass and HighPass filters with Drive, plus a 'Smooth' option which gently softens the attack of the echoes. (In the right context this can sound real good.) Theres also 3 different Tape Modes to choose from in case the Digital Mode sounds too 'stable' for the task at hand.

Like i said, highly recommended, because it really is very good and you can get good results fast and easily. The UI skin is certainly a matter of taste, but the delay is rock stable, delivers pristine sound, has a simple to use interface, and uses barely any CPU/RAM at all, which means that for basic and semi-advanced delay duties Twin Delay can absolutely be that so-called go-to choice.

Coded in Delphi and Assembler. No installer, you simply copy the DLL into your plugins folder. Other details see website.

(BTW, i will probably make a new skin for this in the near future.)

Ricochet

GaryG wrote:
Ah yes, using parameter modulation to pan taps :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

First of all I want to say Huge THANK YOU to everyone who posted in this thread :clap:

I will try this plugins soon and will update you if I found a solution

It`s really nice to see how this community help each other so fast and with great advices :party:

I am sure this thread will help other people who will search for simple but effective Ping Pong delay

If anyone has any more plugins to recommend please write them :ud:
ImageImageImage

Minimal Systems Delay Studio ( from DC12)
Rhythm Lab Twin Delay
Soundhack Delay Trio

crimsonwarlock wrote:
GaryG wrote:
Which to be honest, people (very much including me) should investigate more. Always looking for a plugin that does something clever/out of the ordinary when simply automating a simpler plugin could be just as good and potentially a lot more creative.

BERFAB wrote:If you're looking for a good way to get ping pong delay into your productions, with total control, here's a great technique that uses almost no CPU resources:

Take the track you want to delay and create two copies of it. Move copy 1 ahead 1/8 and pan hard left, and move copy 2 ahead 1/4 and pan hard right. Drop copy 1 fader about 50% and drop copy 2 fader about 75%. Listen to the track and adjust to taste. This will give you total control over the placement and volume of the delay. For a longer tail, just add more track copies and move them ahead in increments of 1/8.

This obviously is not useful in live situations, but can be extremely helpful in production.

Cheers
-B
i thought this deserved a third quote for being an inspired idea :clap:

ENV1 wrote:I can highly recommend Twin Delay.

Thanks, never tried that one before, looks incredibly versatile for such a simple (usability-wise) effect.

Are you involved in the development at all? Think the gui is fine currently though see where it could be seen as a little dated.

OT:

Tried Mo Verb too while I was there, that's really cool too, thought I had all my reverb bases covered but may have to find room for this one too. :)

GaryG wrote:
crimsonwarlock wrote:
GaryG wrote:
Which to be honest, people (very much including me) should investigate more. Always looking for a plugin that does something clever/out of the ordinary when simply automating a simpler plugin could be just as good and potentially a lot more creative.
Not only that, but parameter modulation in combination with a plugin that is at least somewhat competent, totally smokes anything available natively for experimental/wild/strange/trippy effects :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

GaryG wrote:
ENV1 wrote:I can highly recommend Twin Delay.
Thanks, never tried that one before, looks incredibly versatile for such a simple (usability-wise) effect.
It is, actually. After all you have both HP and LP Filters, Tube Saturation, Digital and Tape modes, and of course the Smooth feature, which i dont think i ever saw on any other delay. Definitely good for a lot of things of all different kinds.

IMO this would make a great hardware delay.
GaryG wrote:Are you involved in the development at all?
Nope. No affiliation. Just someone who likes it because of how good it is.
GaryG wrote:Think the gui is fine currently though see where it could be seen as a little dated.
Yeah. Maybe not something to write home about, but since the looks dont matter with regards to sound and features, so what, as long as it gets the job done. I want a new skin only to have something a little more clean and HiRes.
GaryG wrote:Tried Mo Verb too while I was there, that's really cool too, thought I had all my reverb bases covered but may have to find room for this one too. :)
I tried that one too some time ago but i found it way too metallic for my taste. Im sure that in the right situation on the right material it can still have its uses, but in general it just didnt seem to be 'my kind' of reverb.

ENV1 wrote:
GaryG wrote:Think the gui is fine currently though see where it could be seen as a little dated.
Yeah. Maybe not something to write home about, but since the looks dont matter with regards to sound and features, so what, as long as it gets the job done. I want a new skin only to have something a little more clean and HiRes.
How would you go about reskinning it? Had a very quick look in Resource Hacker but couldn't see any gfx...
GaryG wrote:Tried Mo Verb too while I was there, that's really cool too, thought I had all my reverb bases covered but may have to find room for this one too. :)
I tried that one too some time ago but i found it way too metallic for my taste. Im sure that in the right situation on the right material it can still have its uses, but in general it just didnt seem to be 'my kind' of reverb.[/quote]

It won't be my 'go to' reverb for natural stuff but found a couple of settings (more fx-y ones) that I liked a lot.

Return to “Effects”