valhalla vintage or v.room ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My take on it is Room for natural, transparent reverb. VVV for a more in your face "listen to this reverb" effect.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I adore Vintage Verb (VeeVeeVee ; 3xV ; VVerb ; WV or whatever you want to call it) but lately I have found Studio29 Lexiclone presets for VRoom... and the large hall from the third pack... man... it's awesome. can't seem to get back to VVV.

I'm waiting for the new algos to see what Sean has under his belt ...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I know others may do it as well, but I like knowing that I can call up a 100 second tail on a reverb in Vroom. Not very useful in top 40, but it's there when I'm feeling veeeeeerrrryyyy ambient. :hihi:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

thanks Sean - just installed Vee3 and it sounds fantastic

is it night & day better than some of the LIVE 'verbs I've dialed-in over the years ? . . . not quite but it seems so much easier to arrive within a very cool space using just a couple of preset clicks and an adjustment of the wet/dry. Polish is the right word that feels within easy reach here

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Tp3 wrote:I adore Vintage Verb (VeeVeeVee ; 3xV ; VVerb ; WV or whatever you want to call it) but lately I have found Studio29 Lexiclone presets for VRoom... and the large hall from the third pack... man... it's awesome. can't seem to get back to VVV.

Now I'm curious. What is studio29? I did a web search and came up empty. :?:

rustman wrote:
Tp3 wrote:I adore Vintage Verb (VeeVeeVee ; 3xV ; VVerb ; WV or whatever you want to call it) but lately I have found Studio29 Lexiclone presets for VRoom... and the large hall from the third pack... man... it's awesome. can't seem to get back to VVV.

I think he means Sound29 Lexiclone from Patchpools webby, I hope! :evil:

You rock MFXxx. That one bore fruit. Heading out to investigate the site now. Thanks.
:tu:

Some of those are great, thanks for the tip! :tu:
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

I highly recommend Valhalla VRoom over vintage verb. Comparing both, I honestly felt that vintage verb had unwanted artifacts whereas VRoom could sound somewhat like vintage verb, and do it better /cleaner. I was seriously considering buying VVV, but now glad that I only own VRoom.

I went out to the Simon Stockhausen site and checked out the donationware presets, as MFXxx pointed out, and TP3 pointed out. Some nice stuff there. I'm inclined to think that his commercial packages may be pretty sweet and will likely look closer. Found some presets for Bloom and MFM2 there as well.

Archy ( that's what you get for such a long screen name;) )- agreed on the difference betweeen Vroom and VVV. Of course, it's meant to be that way. I've been on a Boards of Canada (specifically Campfire Headphase album) kick for months now, so, surprisingly for me, I've been embracing old, dirty, glitchy type sounds for the time being. VVV isn't exactly old, dirty, and glitchy by any means, but it's useful as a part of that kind of sound.

MFXxx wrote:
rustman wrote:

I think he means Sound29 Lexiclone from Patchpools webby, I hope! :evil:
nope, it's here: http://sound29.com/blog/tag/valhallaroom-presets/
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I'm not even sure i know my own name... :ud:

Now i'll take the clue and check that one out....

Edit: i searched for "studio"29 before. I missed the correction. :oops: ...and then patchpool...

Integratron wrote:I own Valhallaroom but would trade it for Vintage - what do you say Sean? 8)
I feel the same. I bought Room a while back, and it's good but I just kind of pick presets at random to be honest.

I recently demoed Vintage again (thanks to the KVR reader's choice thing) and was struck by just how controllable it was. It can make early reflections fit the rhythm or phrase exactly how I want and have all the control I want over the tone, and to me that's a bigger deal than realism. (I'm not using "realistic" sounds anyway so why should they be in a realistic-sounding room?) It's a definite buy.

foosnark wrote:
Integratron wrote:I own Valhallaroom but would trade it for Vintage - what do you say Sean? 8)
I feel the same. I bought Room a while back, and it's good but I just kind of pick presets at random to be honest.
I kinda do the same for both to be honest until I find something I like, then usually turn the mix % down quite a bit. They're both great, but if I had to choose one it would be Room. I'm at a big disadvantage for things in general though only using headphones.

I'm currently demoing both... again!
I'm definitely leaning towards VintageVerb, probably gonna get it pretty soon! :)

Return to “Effects”