What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Hz->Midi note number how to ? and vice versa.

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

JPQ
KVRian

978 posts since 7 Jan, 2008, from Finland

Postby JPQ; Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:25 pm Hz->Midi note number how to ? and vice versa.

Hz->Midi note number how to ?
Midi note number->Hz ?
I have odd NI Reaktor project which needs such things.
and this conversion if frequncy is beetween notes 1 and 2 i get 1.5 etc.
Orbit-50
KVRian

977 posts since 28 Jun, 2005, from La La Land

Postby Orbit-50; Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:37 pm Re: Hz->Midi note number how to ? and vice versa.

Download MFreeEffectsBundle from Meldaproductions and use MAnalyzer. This is hands down the best in the world at this and other stuff as well. The guy seems to be some sort of genius or something. It's borderline disgusting. :hihi:

.-.
Intel Core i7, Cubase 7.5, Ableton Live 9+Push, FL Studio 11, Wavelab 8.5, Halion 5, NI Komplete 9, Waves, Nexus 2, All VPS, Spire, Sylenth1, FXpansion, Alchemy, Waldorf Largo, Synthmaster, Ohm Force, GForce, D16 Group, ArtsAcoustic, FabFilter and more..
JPQ
KVRian

Postby JPQ; Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:45 pm Re: Hz->Midi note number how to ? and vice versa.

Orbit-50 wrote:Download MFreeEffectsBundle from Meldaproductions and use MAnalyzer. This is hands down the best in the world at this and other stuff as well. The guy seems to be some sort of genius or something. It's borderline disgusting. :hihi:

.-.

I need this thing to make my ensemble i cannot use tools like this. hard tell better what i going do.
Orbit-50
KVRian

977 posts since 28 Jun, 2005, from La La Land

Postby Orbit-50; Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:48 pm Re: Hz->Midi note number how to ? and vice versa.

Ouch. That's a tough one. Sorry I couldn't help you. Good luck with that!

.-.
Intel Core i7, Cubase 7.5, Ableton Live 9+Push, FL Studio 11, Wavelab 8.5, Halion 5, NI Komplete 9, Waves, Nexus 2, All VPS, Spire, Sylenth1, FXpansion, Alchemy, Waldorf Largo, Synthmaster, Ohm Force, GForce, D16 Group, ArtsAcoustic, FabFilter and more..
JPQ
KVRian

Postby JPQ; Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:53 pm Re: Hz->Midi note number how to ? and vice versa.

Orbit-50 wrote:Ouch. That's a tough one. Sorry I couldn't help you. Good luck with that!

.-.

Very likely i dont know if you plugin tip is vsts for windows if i can even use them if i need them some other uses.
ps. very likely found one page method note to hz but oppsite is also needed.
Ichad.c
KVRian

680 posts since 8 Feb, 2012, from South - Africa

Postby Ichad.c; Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:53 am Re: Hz->Midi note number how to ? and vice versa.

Try google perhaps?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Note

The last two formulas under the heading "Note frequency (hertz)" is what you want.

Regards
Andrew
waltercruz
KVRian

508 posts since 3 Dec, 2011

Postby waltercruz; Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:05 am Re: Hz->Midi note number how to ? and vice versa.

Using chuck, there is a mtof function. There's should be something similar in reaktor.

http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/doc/program/stdlib.html
KVR/eSoundz: waltercruz
My soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/waltercruz
JPQ
KVRian

Postby JPQ; Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:46 am Re: Hz->Midi note number how to ? and vice versa.

mztk
KVRAF

2008 posts since 12 Jun, 2004

Postby mztk; Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:55 pm Re: Hz->Midi note number how to ? and vice versa.

middle A is generally 440hz isn't it? so an octave above that
would be 880hz.(?eeek..). you must be able to find a chart for
this. middle A, being MIDI note#..?
herw
KVRist

142 posts since 9 Nov, 2005, from Dortmund, Germany

Postby herw; Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:25 am Re: Hz->Midi note number how to ? and vice versa.

JPQ wrote:Hz->Midi note number how to ?
Midi note number->Hz ?
I have odd NI Reaktor project which needs such things.
and this conversion if frequncy is beetween notes 1 and 2 i get 1.5 etc.

MIDI_Frequenz.jpg

use 32-bit for log- and exp-modules

ciao herw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Modular Synthesis