Kosmonaut Free Kontakt Instrument/Sequencer

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(This was posted on the temporary KVR and so I am adding it on the new KVR again with updated Info.)

Kosmonaut is a fully featured slice from the world of Kosmos put together with instruments taken from Kosmos Classics and Kosmos Infekted. To get the most out of Kosmonaut you should have the full version of Kontakt 5.3, although there is support for Kontakt 4 with a few features missing.

The Kosmos scripts for Kontakt are currently made up of 2 types of instrument:

Kosmos Full

The Kosmos ‘Full’ script emulates a classic 2 Oscillator Synthesizer where the Waveforms are comprised of all the samples in the Release. The synth has 2 Layers each with a selection of 6 filters, 3 LFOs assignable to Filter, Pitch and Volume of each synth layer. The effects section has Tempo Synced Delay, Reverb and a Modulator which is selectable between Flanger, Phaser and Chorus. There are 3 envelopes, one for the Amp of each layer and the third for the Filter Cutoff. Aftertouch and the Modulation Wheel can be assigned to various parameters. There is a sophisticated Randomize system at the local section and the global level with an adjustable amount. The Kosmos Full scripts are great for creating complex unique pads/sounds on the fly with ease. More Info

Kosmos Single

The ‘Single’ script is a trimmed down version of the Full Kosmos script tailored to work with a single sampled Instrument. In comparison to the Full script, these instruments are loaded into RAM (as opposed to using DFD) which enables the addition of a Sample Start Offset Knob. The star of the show however is the Advanced Sequencer which has 8 individual ‘instances’ which can be switched on the fly via a set of midi note triggers. Each of these instances has 7 sequencers, one dedicated to pitch, one dedicated to Velocity, and the other 5 are freely assignable to a large array of destinations such as Note Length, Sample Start, Cutoff, Resonance etc… All sequences are synced to the Pitch Sequencer tempo by default but they can also have an independent tempo setting and they all have their own step size. Each of the 8 instances can also have different Destinations selected which really opens up creative freedom.

There is also a series of real-time triggers for manipulation tempo and Pitch on the fly which truly makes Kosmos a creative improvisation tool when added to the ability to switch Instances on the fly. The octave where the triggers reside can also be set whichever Octave you prefer.

Finally there is also a Scale Remapper which allows retuning sequences based on the root note that triggered them, so for example C key can be forced to C Minor whereas the D sequences can be forced to D major. This is a great way of breaking away from the traditional transposed sequenced sound when required. Sequencer Info

These videos hopefully give a good idea of some of the possibilities Kosmos/Infekted offers:

http://youtu.be/sYgYP17maaw
http://youtu.be/3e5XIX7SJOw

Get Kosmonaut

Wow ..... where are you guys?
This is pretty Cool!. A Bump for that!

thanks, downloaded and checking out now

I'm really impressed. How long will the sale be going on?

dw

I'm currently working on a midi only version of teh sequencer which only targets external instruments via Kontakts midi out which has 12 assignable CCs.

Astralp wrote:Thanks :) The sale is on until the 1st Feb.

I'm currently working on a midi only version of teh sequencer which only targets external instruments via Kontakts midi out which has 12 assignable CCs.

cool, I'm buying at least Kosmos classic for sure, I'll see if funds permit Inkekted as well.

will the midi out of Kontakt require K5?

dw

Yes it is Kontakt 5 only, I use too many K5 only features in it unfortunately. Are you using K4 still?

yes, but kontakt 5 as soon as the next sale... or the next version of Komplete. I was short on the money when they had their recent sale.

dw

Oh that's a shame, K5 is a big step forward I think, the filters are fantastic, hopefully you will get to pick it up for a good price soon :) Plus, it is much less painful when working on very large scripts such as Kosmos.

Incidentally you can use the existing Kosmos for basic midi out, it will send note data/velocity. I think it should work for K4 too. You have to enable midi out for script generated notes in the K4 options. You will also get the original 'trigger' midi note as well though from the Kosmos synth script but you can bypass the script it on the script slot to prevent it.

sounds good. I'll be picking up Kontakt 5 as soon as I can.

either way Kosmos is great.

dw

Thank you Andy. I'll be sure to check out the videos too. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Thank you Andy. I'll be sure to check out the videos too. :)
:) They are slightly out of date visually as there has just been some GUI improvement in v1.4, but the functionality is the same.

So, the large number of presets which come with Classic are for the Single version? The Full version does not have the Advanced Sequencer?

Yes that's right, there is a single preset for every unique sampled instrument. I'm still not sure if I can adapt the sequencer to the FULL instruments, there are a few problems to overcome although I haven't given up on it yet :)

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”