Kick Synthesisers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KarmaFX Synth was just updated to 64-bit. The amount of detailed editing you can do on the multipoint envelopes is the best I've ever seen in any plugin. Combine that with all its modularity, you can really customize and layer deep kick sound.

Other than that, you can do a lot with MicroTonic by layering multiple drum channels (having them respond to the same midi key).

I am using exclusively BONG for my electronic beats. Mostly for House & Techno but lately I found some good ways in processing them afterwards (no resampling) to get some knocking Neurofunk DNB timbre out of it. Comes with 9 different Kickdrum modules inspired by classic machines like 606, 808, 909 and Boss DR110 and the option to use static (sounds more like a sample) or variable noise (now it sounds more like a analog drummachine).

If you wanna beef up your weak samples I found ADZE the best. Dangit, you won´t get more bang for the buck (shaping capabilities via envelope & filter). Especially the punch Filter adds some nice "ooomph". Other than that you can either "stereo-rize" every mono sample or split the frequencies via fft where the upper spectrum (mostly > 1kHz) will be stereo then but the lower spetrum strictly mono. With that trick you can achieve those more modern sounding kicks.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Besides what is already mentioned, check KickMe! Too:
http://www.synthschool.com/free-plug-ins/index.html

It's a recreation of a Kick Synth on the Scope Platform, and best of all it's free.

Stomper Hyperion, hah

Return to “Instruments”