What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

which combination of envelope modulations for best punch?

How to make that sound...

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

crazyfiltertweaker
KVRian

682 posts since 24 Mar, 2012

Postby crazyfiltertweaker; Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:36 am which combination of envelope modulations for best punch?

I want to generate the best punch for a percussion intrument. I have experimented with short envelope modulations of pitch, filter with short resonance, fm and other effects. also a simple volume envelope modulation generates a punch. All these envelopes must be short. But my question is which combination of these envelope modulations makes the best punch? There are many many combinations which are possible, especially with different amounts in percentage, so which is the best for the best punch?

Thanks for your efforts!
crazyfiltertweaker
KVRian

Postby crazyfiltertweaker; Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:39 am Re: which combination of envelope modulations for best punch

please someone can answer me? it is important for me...
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

6479 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:41 am Re: which combination of envelope modulations for best punch

crazyfiltertweaker wrote:please someone can answer me? it is important for me...
Your question is ridiculous.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
crazyfiltertweaker
KVRian

Postby crazyfiltertweaker; Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:03 am Re: which combination of envelope modulations for best punch

Could you explain me why it is ridiculous? Because you know it but you dont want to tell it to me?
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

6479 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:05 am Re: which combination of envelope modulations for best punch

crazyfiltertweaker wrote:Could you explain me why it is ridiculous? Because you know it but you dont want to tell it to me?
There are infinite variables here.

You may as well ask "how do I create this sound"?
What sound? I dont know yet.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
highkoo
KVRAF

3087 posts since 25 Jun, 2004

Postby highkoo; Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:09 am Re: which combination of envelope modulations for best punch

I like a little laziness in this area.

NI Transient Master
Sknote Snap

Whether its a kick or a hihat or a stick you are working with, those will give you punch without having to edit ms envelopes.
Halma
KVRian

903 posts since 9 Apr, 2012

Postby Halma; Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:05 pm Re: which combination of envelope modulations for best punch

Maybe a clipped envelope? If no punchmode available maybe a Hold option after the attack stage will yield similar results.

Q109 Envelope Generator Punch

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul https://watchthemkraut.wordpress.com/
gkangas
KVRist

48 posts since 6 Jan, 2011, from Seattle

Postby gkangas; Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:15 pm Re: which combination of envelope modulations for best punch

Some synths allow you to modulate envelope decay using the envelope itself. Increasing the level of this modulation can lead to some painfully snappy envelopes...

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sound Design