Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Frantz wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Basically one would not even have to program it, all it takes is skinning TubeOhm's Stepper accordingly as it seems to have all those features...
It looks like TubeOhm's Stepper does not have independent lengths and directions for the note and control sequences. This is very important IMO.

Rax'n'Trax does have all of the above and more but it is a separate DAW. (There is a new Rax'n'Trax plugin but I haven't used it much.)

The other nice thing about freemobil's effort is that it looks fantastic. Of course, its design is based on Layzer's and the consoleators.
It does have length, it is labeled Hold. It is pretty complete, I doubt it lacks anything the skin posted here has...
Here is more info:
http://www.tubeohm.com/TubeOhm/Stepper_XL.html

The guy is German, which might explain some odd labels :)

fluffy_little_something wrote: It does have length, it is labeled Hold.
I know it has note length.

I talking about independent note and control sequences. In this example, there are 16 notes played in random order and the control sequence has 12 steps played in the forward direction.

Frantz wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote: It does have length, it is labeled Hold.
I know it has note length.

I talking about independent note and control sequences. In this example, there are 16 notes played in random order and the control sequence has 12 steps played in the forward direction.

Ah, ok, sorry. I don't really use such sequencers (I have the TubeOhm thingy, but the user interface is too small for my eyes, and I have Chris Kerry's Poly Step Sequencer, both as part of a bundle), so I know little about how they work...
I am already happy if an arp does what I want it to do :P

OBVS - Step Sequencer
unofficially technical data:

Completly the OBVS have 7 several sequencer on board.
One Sequencer for Octave / Note / Mute and Latch
And for the function Velocity / Length / Midi CC 1-4 each one separately sequencer

Technic behind the two little LCD-Windows on the left side

DIR (Direction):
FWD (Forward)
BWD (Backward)
FB-1 (Forward/Backward 1)
BF-1 (Backward/Forward 1)
FB-2 (Forward/Backward 2)
BF-2 (Backward/Forward 2)
Rand (Random)

STEPS (Steps-Variation: 1...2..3... > max.16 Steps)

DIV (Bar Divider):
8b, 6b, 4b, 3b, 2b, 1b, 2/1, 1, 2, 3, 4,
5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 16, 24, 32, 64

Shuffle: Backward - Middle (0) - Forward

Hi,

here is an audio demo (improvisation) using a Syn Lead i have craeted with OBXd and added the Schwa Oligarc Drive as an external FX:

OBXd - Sync Lead + Oligarc Drive_1

This is a single instance and no other FXs used. Picthbend was used for Osc2 modulation and Modwheel for adding vibrato.

Currently working on more patches (got 15 at the moment). Will publish what i already got ASAP, Maybe tomorrow or on Wednesday (for sure before the weekend).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Frantz wrote:
Looking really great! Can we have a GUI War over this too? :) I think this should have its own separate thread.
+1

indeed. should have its own thread, id like to try it when finished :hyper:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Ingonator wrote:Hi,

here is an audio demo (improvisation) using a Syn Lead i have craeted with OBXd and added the Schwa Oligarc Drive as an external FX:

This is a single instance and no other FXs used. Picthbend was used for Osc2 modulation and Modwheel for adding vibrato.

Currently working on more patches (got 15 at the moment). Will publish what i already got ASAP, Maybe tomorrow or on Wednesday (for sure before the weekend).

Ingo
12 brass and 3 strings, right? :hihi: Just kidding :clown:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Ah, ok, sorry. I don't really use such sequencers
No problem. :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:

Ingo
12 brass and 3 strings, right? :hihi: Just kidding :clown:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

freemobil wrote:unofficially technical data:
Could you please open a separate thread for this instead of hijacking this one. :)

Also please respond to these comments:

1. When you hit a note on the keyboard, will the MIDI generated transpose?

2. I think a MUTE button is unintuitive. I think you should have an ON button so the lit up steps play a note.

3. I would like controls for rotating the entire note sequence or control sequence left or right by one step. For example, rotate right moves note 1 to note 2, note 2 to note 3, .... note 16 to note 1.

Thanks.

Frantz wrote:
freemobil wrote:unofficially technical data:
Could you please open a separate thread for this instead of hijacking this one. :)

Also please respond to these comments:

1. When you hit a note on the keyboard, will the MIDI generated transpose?

2. I think a MUTE button is unintuitive. I think you should have an ON button so the lit up steps play a note.

3. I would like controls for rotating the entire note sequence or control sequence left or right by one step. For example, rotate right moves note 1 to note 2, note 2 to note 3, .... note 16 to note 1.

Thanks.
You tell him to open a new thread, then demand he answers you questions?

:lol:

:roll:

Ingo
This shows very well the powerful sound of this synth when in unison mode :) (it's in unison, isn't it?)
Fernando (FMR)

Kriminal wrote: You tell him to open a new thread, then demand he answers you questions?

I think both requests, not demands, were legitimate.

Perhaps you could publish a guide Kriminal's Netiquette Guide: How to be a Jerk in 10 Easy Lessons. :D
Last edited by Frantz on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fmr wrote:This shows very well the powerful sound of this synth when in unison mode :) (it's in unison, isn't it?)
Powerful yes, but at the same time irritating after 15 secs. I bet the CIA is looking forward to that patch, both synth and patch are free, even cheaper than the Mexican cleaning lady they currently employ to wipe the water off the floor afterwards :roll:

Frantz wrote:
Kriminal wrote: You tell him to open a new thread, then demand he answers you questions?

I think both requests, not demands, were legitimate.

Perhaps you could publish a guide Kriminal's Netiquette Guide: How to be a Jerk in 10 Easy Lessons. :D

I think you achieved it in one....

Return to “Instruments”