which combination of envelope modulations for best punch?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to generate the best punch for a percussion intrument. I have experimented with short envelope modulations of pitch, filter with short resonance, fm and other effects. also a simple volume envelope modulation generates a punch. All these envelopes must be short. But my question is which combination of these envelope modulations makes the best punch? There are many many combinations which are possible, especially with different amounts in percentage, so which is the best for the best punch?

Thanks for your efforts!

please someone can answer me? it is important for me...

crazyfiltertweaker wrote:please someone can answer me? it is important for me...
Your question is ridiculous.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Could you explain me why it is ridiculous? Because you know it but you dont want to tell it to me?

crazyfiltertweaker wrote:Could you explain me why it is ridiculous? Because you know it but you dont want to tell it to me?
There are infinite variables here.

You may as well ask "how do I create this sound"?
What sound? I dont know yet.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I like a little laziness in this area.

NI Transient Master
Sknote Snap

Whether its a kick or a hihat or a stick you are working with, those will give you punch without having to edit ms envelopes.
ImageImageImageImage

Maybe a clipped envelope? If no punchmode available maybe a Hold option after the attack stage will yield similar results.

Q109 Envelope Generator Punch

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Some synths allow you to modulate envelope decay using the envelope itself. Increasing the level of this modulation can lead to some painfully snappy envelopes...

Return to “Sound Design”