New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

any chance of a manual or another video (or 2)? I can get some interesting sounds, but they are all sounding the same to be honest. and it's all my fault as I am pretty clueless on how to do granular synthesis. :dog:
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

Any way you could make the modulation parameters automatable? I'm missing that.

widdershins wrote: Hello! Yes, I got a little slowed down by a small freelance gig, I will be doing some work this weekend. Apart from bug-fixes (there are already quite a few committed) I'd like to address 2 commonly requested features.

First, showing all of the modulation at all times, with the modulations of the currently viewed modulator highlighted. Second, slower LFOs, to allow better continuous sweeping of the position. Or maybe that feature deserves its own control, I'm not sure.

Oh, and happy New Year all! :party:
That's great news! Looking forward to the next version. 2014, Mangle's year! :P

Neon Breath wrote:
widdershins wrote: Hello! Yes, I got a little slowed down by a small freelance gig, I will be doing some work this weekend. Apart from bug-fixes (there are already quite a few committed) I'd like to address 2 commonly requested features.

First, showing all of the modulation at all times, with the modulations of the currently viewed modulator highlighted. Second, slower LFOs, to allow better continuous sweeping of the position. Or maybe that feature deserves its own control, I'm not sure.

Sounds great. :) Yea, being able to modulate position could even be its own control. I would love position going forward and restart to the marker at each key press, "playing" the wave in question...

Neon Breath wrote:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I've lost track of what the latest version actually is

aMUSEd wrote:I've lost track of what the latest version actually is
yeah, me too. Posting a version number on the website would be nice.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

My last email was for Update 0.6.1b but then there was another that had Snow Leopard compatibility but it wasn't clear if that was a new update for everyone or just a specific version for people with Snow Leopard?

I think it was only for those who have OSX 10.6. it is with 194mb download which still you can access it now.
He didn't mention anything about Windows in his email.

It is one month now since that last email. I hope he is adding/fixing something to it.

EnGee wrote: It is one month now since that last email. I hope he is adding/fixing something to it.
Note how quickly our expectations grow in response to an attentive and motivated dev. ;)
ImageImageImageImage

Ye, be patient lads. Sure this isn't the only thing Tom does ;)
Eternitysound VST Banks

trueparadox wrote: Sounds great. :) Yea, being able to modulate position could even be its own control. I would love position going forward and restart to the marker at each key press, "playing" the wave in question...
Maybe I will say something wrong but if you assign an adsr with a long linear attack and the correct grain parameters you can play the sample (and the make a lot of funny things by mangling the reading position etc...).

Looking forward to a version 1.0 to start integrate TheMangle in my production ^^

highkoo wrote:
EnGee wrote: It is one month now since that last email. I hope he is adding/fixing something to it.
Note how quickly our expectations grow in response to an attentive and motivated dev. ;)
Exactly! Hope all is fine with him :oops:

Davias wrote:
trueparadox wrote: Sounds great. :) Yea, being able to modulate position could even be its own control. I would love position going forward and restart to the marker at each key press, "playing" the wave in question...
Maybe I will say something wrong but if you assign an adsr with a long linear attack and the correct grain parameters you can play the sample (and the make a lot of funny things by mangling the reading position etc...).

Looking forward to a version 1.0 to start integrate TheMangle in my production ^^
Oh, nice! Yea, that solves a lot of what i wanted to do! Thank you! :)

Wow, gonna buy this when it goes final for sure! Can't wait! :)

Return to “Instruments”