What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Michael Calfan Saw Chord...

How to make that sound...

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

JulianVeloso
KVRist

312 posts since 18 Apr, 2012

Postby JulianVeloso; Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:42 pm Michael Calfan Saw Chord...

http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/77495341/file.html

at 0:16 you can hear the chords at full volume along with the kick...how does he get that chord sound, i'm trying with sylenth1 and i can't get close..

It plays later on during the break and it's the backing chord in the drop
JulianVeloso
KVRist

312 posts since 18 Apr, 2012

Postby JulianVeloso; Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:52 pm Re: Michael Calfan Saw Chord...

Bump?
MichaelCalfan
KVRer

3 posts since 14 Apr, 2014

Postby MichaelCalfan; Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:45 am Re: Michael Calfan Saw Chord...

I use a lot of effects in the "saw chord", if you use nexus, you could easily duplicate that by the default preset that gets loaded once its open in your playlist "Saw init" then you sent it to your sub master channel and eq it by cutting the high frequencies, then for the volume changing effect search for a vst for "Tremolo" effects adjust it to 1/4 beat and your good to go :wink:
JeanR07
KVRer

10 posts since 21 Feb, 2012

Postby JeanR07; Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:18 pm Re: Michael Calfan Saw Chord...

Thanks for the replay Michael really appreciated, what julian was asking for is something like this:when you have 4/4 kick and leads (or chords), normally when the kick hit the leads get covered by the kick, but in your track the "saw chords" stays always on top (also during the drop), chords are clear without sidechain compression. How can achive this effect??

Question for me this time, i know you have already replay in the video of the making of resurrection. But i can't speak french at all so don't understand the aswer: You make beautiful atmosphere (like resurrection) also good as Axwell's one. What makes these atmosphere so nice and natural without get a crowd mix?? Thanks man
Fedele
KVRist

46 posts since 3 Sep, 2012, from Italy

Postby Fedele; Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:37 pm Re: Michael Calfan Saw Chord...

I wonder how Michael gets his "gated" effect on the synth (in the intro of Who We Are/Lion) that is also used much by Alesso for example in his Calling intro.
Tremolo is a great plugin but it doesn't the job. I've tried with Glitch2 but can't get it.
Hope someone can explain :)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sound Design