Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great happy track Tim. Nice restraint on the sounds used. Good to listen to on such a HOT day here! :D

Happy New Year!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Oooh I enjoyed this.
Very cruisy.

Well done seismic 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

drumity wrote:This has a real minimal sound, but that´s what makes
it so pleasant.
Really like the bassline Tim ;-)

(( D ))
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Daniel. Glad you enjoyed it :)

At the time I made this (just over 3 years ago), I was making a conscious effort to use less instruments to make these tracks. I was looking at ways to make more productive use of my time. Cutting down on the number of instrument tracks enabled my to complete these pieces an much less time.

Glad you liked the bassline :hug:

seismic1 wrote:
folderol wrote:Tappity tapitty tap tap.

As I said elswhere :D :hihi:
Thanks very much for checkin' 'er out, Will. Probably not a driving tune, then :wink:
:hihi:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

wavephonic wrote:nice use of builds and sounds for the drum trac. cool upbeat theme with room to breathe,I liked the subtleness of the arrangement, I could work to it, lol
pleasantly listenable
Thanks for the listen and comments, wavephonic. Glad you liked it :)

The drums are EnergyXT XR-10 samples. They have a light, clean sound that seems to suit this style of music.

astrochimp wrote:i like it! it's very light, but not in a bad way. i could picture this as the perfect background music for the select screens of a good 90s video game. :) (which is of course meant as a compliment.)
'90s video games - before my time :wink:

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, astrochimp. Glad you liked it :D

Finally getting to listen to this!

Digging the vibe my friend. Floaty, minimal for you, and yes...it's definitely groovy.

Nice work. :D

Cheers,
-S1gns
S1gns Of L1fe
Ambient Music Producer | Content Creator

polyslax wrote:Ok, I see we're back up and running…

Very different vibe for you here Tim, lighter and more introspective. Nicely integrated groove! The organ is perfect here and the synth work is tasty as always. Good stuff!
Cheers, Matt. Thanks very much for listening and for the comments. Glad you liked it :)

This is certainly more minimal than my usual pieces. I'm Hoping to hear some more polyslax in the Cafe soon.

CascadianSynths wrote::neutral:
8)

D.H. Miltz wrote:Nice. Very cool bass, and I like the floaty EP sound. Enjoyed it. Thanks, seismic1.
Thanks very much for the ears and the comments, DHM. Glad you enjoyed it :)

I really like the sounds coming from those GTG synths.

doesn't sound minimal to me, more tight and no padding, lots of movement.
cool stuff.

Allomerus wrote:Great happy track Tim. Nice restraint on the sounds used. Good to listen to on such a HOT day here! :D

Happy New Year!
Thanks very much for the listen and the comments, John. They're much appreciated. Glad you liked it and glad that it fulfilled the chillout objective :)

Mushy Mushy wrote:Oooh I enjoyed this.
Very cruisy.

Well done seismic 8)
Thanks, mate. Glad you liked it, and thanks for the listen :D

The next one is slightly more hectic :wink:

S1gnsOfL1fe wrote:Finally getting to listen to this!

Digging the vibe my friend. Floaty, minimal for you, and yes...it's definitely groovy.

Nice work. :D

Cheers,
-S1gns
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, S1gns. Glad you liked it :)

Only 8 instrument tracks on here plus the drums. That's a minimal instrument set in my world.

fateamenabletochange wrote:doesn't sound minimal to me, more tight and no padding, lots of movement.
cool stuff.
Thanks for the listen and comments, fatc. Glad you liked it :)

I really meant minimal in terms of the number of instrument tracks used. I think there were 8 synth instances and a drum sampler on here. In late 2010 and early 2011 when these tracks were originally written, I seemed to be moving towards this way of working. I don't think it was intentional, but fortuitous. This way of working seems to have persisted in my 2013 and 2014 tracks, and one benefit of this is a faster, more efficient workflow.

Return to “Music Cafe”