Kairatune 1.2 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Possibly my favorite plugin UI. Easy/pleasing to look at and the layout is pretty intuitive. And it isn't huge despite the large number of controls, something I appreciate with an 11.6" MacBook Air :)

Actually a bit shocked this is free. The amount of quality free plugins these days is pretty amazing.

My only gripes are that I can't map controls to Ableton Live's device parameters, and touching the UI window means I can't play with Live's keyboard anymore. Definitely not the only plugin that does this, but some I can play and tweak at the same time. No idea what causes this, though.
mfa wrote:It's been removed. Init patches are created with right click and "New". The difference being that "New" adds a new patch instead of resetting the current. You can of course remove the current first to accomplish the same result.
Right-click where? I tried on the interface, in the patch area, and never got a menu (on Mac)

I did get an init patch by telling it to delete all the factory sounds though :lol:
Meh.

KrisM wrote:Possibly my favorite plugin UI. Easy/pleasing to look at and the layout is pretty intuitive. And it isn't huge despite the large number of controls, something I appreciate with an 11.6" MacBook Air :)
Thanks KrisM, i'm glad to hear that!
KrisM wrote:My only gripes are that I can't map controls to Ableton Live's device parameters, and touching the UI window means I can't play with Live's keyboard anymore. Definitely not the only plugin that does this, but some I can play and tweak at the same time. No idea what causes this, though.
Uh, i wasn't aware of this. The VST version seems to fail in assigning the parameters. This is a bug! Mac users should be alright with the AU version where Ableton's parameter assignment works.
KrisM wrote:
mfa wrote:It's been removed. Init patches are created with right click and "New". The difference being that "New" adds a new patch instead of resetting the current. You can of course remove the current first to accomplish the same result.
Right-click where? I tried on the interface, in the patch area, and never got a menu (on Mac)

I did get an init patch by telling it to delete all the factory sounds though :lol:
Right click on any preset on the list. I guess it's CTRL + click on Macs.

Thanks for reporting the parameter assignment problem!

No problem, I was coming back here to post a screen shot in case it wasn't clear but it sounds like you're on top of it!

And on the AU I can change parameters all day while playing the computer keyboard and still keep playing :)

And modern Macs have right-click these days :hihi:

Thanks again, I'm still surprised and amazed this is a free synth. I'd be really interested to see what you would come up with for a paid plugin :love:
Meh.

I've just updated Kairatune to version 1.2.3. This update should fix most of the known issues, especially those with Ableton Live. The update is available for download on the Kairatune section at our site.

Thanks for your help on this one! :tu:

Thanks for the quick fix :) I was looking more for a "pick just the one(s) you want" like Aalto or kHS ONE, but I suppose all at once works, too lol.
Meh.

KrisM wrote:Thanks for the quick fix :) I was looking more for a "pick just the one(s) you want" like Aalto or kHS ONE, but I suppose all at once works, too lol.
I'm not sure i follow you here. Are you talking about picking the parameters you want or...? I think you can pick the ones you want. If you change a preset while the "configure" is enabled, it'll pick all parameters as all of them are changed. Is this what you were thinking?

In the big pic, as soon as I click 'configure' every single parameter of Kairatune is populated. In the small one, I have manually selected the 4 parameters seen.

Kairatune is not the only plugin that does the "populate all" thing (Circle does it, too) so I don't know how that works exactly.

Personally, I prefer it to happen manually myself by telling it which parameters I want to be able to map, others may feel differently. At least now the possibility exists to map controls to Live macros at all, maybe if others want it one control at a time, or you like that yourself it could be changed, but it's your plugin, and free at that, so beggars shouldn't be choosers :party:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Meh.

Thanks for pointing this out. I guess the behavior depends on the system specs. It's been a bit different in my tests, but it's not working properly for sure. I don't see it immediately populating all, but if i toggle the "configure" on and off and hide the plugin in between, i did manage to populate all by accident. This is definitely unintended and i think i know what's causing this. Not exactly a show stopper, but i guess i want to fix this anyway. Thanks again for your help KrisM!

No problem. Also, I just noticed while making a polyphonic Kairatune with Ableton Live's Drum Racks, when I click 'configure' it does not auto populate with all the parameters, and I can click on the plugin UI to populate them into Live's device, but... not all of them o.O iirc I was able to select lpf tune, hpf tune, but not the amp attack envelope, for example.

This is on the VST, the AU I can select individual parameters.
Meh.

KrisM wrote:No problem. Also, I just noticed while making a polyphonic Kairatune with Ableton Live's Drum Racks, when I click 'configure' it does not auto populate with all the parameters, and I can click on the plugin UI to populate them into Live's device, but... not all of them o.O iirc I was able to select lpf tune, hpf tune, but not the amp attack envelope, for example.

This is on the VST, the AU I can select individual parameters.
I noticed that it doesn't work simply by clicking the knob on Kairatune. You need to drag it a tiny bit. I will change this so that a click creates an edit event to the host. I suppose it's the same when recording automation, but haven't really tested this.

Mono only freezes Cubase 7.5????

Edit: 64 bit, Windows 8.1, Focusrite ASIO.

thejonsolo wrote:Mono only freezes Cubase 7.5????

Edit: 64 bit, Windows 8.1, Focusrite ASIO.
Thanks for reporting! There's no mono output configuration in Kairatune. Would you please tell the exact steps to make this happen.

In Cussbase 7.5 (intended) I could only play one note at a time. Saving would freeze me...no other plugs running. I will be back in the studio today and will retest it and let you know.

on MacOX lion, just downloaded it…looks tremendous effective to tweak, rock solid. very low CPU print, etc…

…a real gem as freeware as far as i can judge !

Krakatau wrote:on MacOX lion, just downloaded it…looks tremendous effective to tweak, rock solid. very low CPU print, etc…

…a real gem as freeware as far as i can judge !
Thanks Krakatau! I'm so glad you like it!

Return to “Instruments”