Bitwig Studio [Certified Official Thread!] - with cats, and INFO!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

You need to take it easy, relax..........

hibidy wrote:You need to take it easy, relax..........

:-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluedad is that you? :o

ontol wrote:
(Pics of a recent thread sweep)

pdxindy wrote:
pc999 wrote:
wasi wrote: Whether or not they allow multiple parallel chains in the same 'rack' like Live does I don't know. In any case the result can be achieved with sends as well (which of course would have to be able to be saved as a preset). That part really depends on the routing options and whether or not you can save them as templates/presets.
You have a device to layer instruments in parallel (then the fxs should go inside the synth apparently), and others to do multiband stuff. Even if you cant have parallel series of just fx (which I am almost sure they said it is possible, but I cant find the quote), it is already quite good and even more than what is possible with synths IIRC. Still full Racks to be saved would be the best...

It is so powerful and easy in Lives racks to do parallel chains... then you can layer, keyboard split/blend, velocity split/blend, or select via controller. I take it for granted until I try another host... Ableton doesn't always go the extra step to make a new feature great, but with the racks they just hit it right

I hope Bitwig covers this... then I will be keenly interested for sure...
Does this mean we can stack synths,eg: sylenth and a bitwig synth together put some compression and eq on it, and save them as a preset? I'm really hoping the answer to this is yes?

Perhaps a beta tester can say whether this is true or not?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

I dunno, but happy 24th month anny!

trusampler wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
pc999 wrote:
wasi wrote: Whether or not they allow multiple parallel chains in the same 'rack' like Live does I don't know. In any case the result can be achieved with sends as well (which of course would have to be able to be saved as a preset). That part really depends on the routing options and whether or not you can save them as templates/presets.
You have a device to layer instruments in parallel (then the fxs should go inside the synth apparently), and others to do multiband stuff. Even if you cant have parallel series of just fx (which I am almost sure they said it is possible, but I cant find the quote), it is already quite good and even more than what is possible with synths IIRC. Still full Racks to be saved would be the best...

It is so powerful and easy in Lives racks to do parallel chains... then you can layer, keyboard split/blend, velocity split/blend, or select via controller. I take it for granted until I try another host... Ableton doesn't always go the extra step to make a new feature great, but with the racks they just hit it right

I hope Bitwig covers this... then I will be keenly interested for sure...
Does this mean we can stack synths,eg: sylenth and a bitwig synth together put some compression and eq on it, and save them as a preset? I'm really hoping the answer to this is yes?

Perhaps a beta tester can say whether this is true or not?
Yeah, you can do that. The Instrument Layers aren't as deep as Lives Racks, so for some things you need additional devices (key splits etc.) but you can save that as a preset, so if you need a certain structure again, you can simply start with your preset and don't have to rebuild it each time.
But other than Live, you have a REALLY good modulation system built in and not just some plumbed on, awkward M4L tools.
There is both Instrument Layers and FX layers and inside of instrument layers you can have individual fx for each layer.
And since you can include multiple Midi VSTs in one track as well, I think BWS has some goodness of it's own to offer... ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

hibidy wrote:You need to take it easy, relax..........

Oh, look! A BITWIG programmer at work! :D

I'm disappointed that a release date has been announced:

http://www.bitwig.com/en/news/Bitwig-St ... tails.html

I anticipated moar cat pictures, at least for 5 years, to sustain my dark soul. This spoils all my plans.

SPEED: FAST MOVEMENT

Maybe a silly question, but I haven't seen it asked yet:

SURROUND SOUND SUPPORT? :o

They wouldn't leave us film and post guys out of the picture, right? :roll:

No surround and no movie support for 1.0 :-(
I had high hopes on that as well.
You can fake it with sends similar to Live, but that is no fun...

Cheers,

Tom

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
After years of development and countless email teasers, no freakin' Audio Units support and they're charging $400 USD?! No thank you! I'm sure I'm not the only one majorly disappointed. I'll stick to Logic, Live and get Renoise for $78 USD instead! I hope this is resolved quickly, but their FAQ page states "Bitwig Studio won't support AU in version 1.0. We will consider supporting AU at a later stage." I hope that doesn't take them years and years to do. Wonder what they were thinking as judging from this photo on this page, their team seem to be mostly using Macs:

http://www.bitwig.com/en/contact.html (http://www.bitwig.com/en/contact.html)

:(
Last edited by fucinay on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
----------------------------------------

There are two types of people in this world. Those who like me and those who can go to hell.

One more time....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

beauchamp

fucinay wrote:After years of development and countless email teasers, no freakin' Audio Units support and they're charging $400 USD?! No thank you! I'm sure I'm not the only one majorly disappointed. I'll stick to Logic, Live and get Renoise for $78 USD instead!
I'll be happy enough when there's finally a decent DAW for Linux. I'm very fond of Renoise as I've grown up on FastTracker II, but the tracking workflow just doesn't cut it anymore.
SPEED: FAST MOVEMENT

demonkoryu wrote:
fucinay wrote:After years of development and countless email teasers, no freakin' Audio Units support and they're charging $400 USD?! No thank you! I'm sure I'm not the only one majorly disappointed. I'll stick to Logic, Live and get Renoise for $78 USD instead!
I'll be happy enough when there's finally a decent DAW for Linux. I'm very fond of Renoise as I've grown up on FastTracker II, but the tracking workflow just doesn't cut it anymore.
What do you mean the tracking workflow doesn't cut it anymore? Can you please elaborate?

No offense, but from a business standpoint, support for Audio Units is far more important than Linux support.
----------------------------------------

There are two types of people in this world. Those who like me and those who can go to hell.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”