Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wonder what other goodies T5 will have ?

cjayconrod wrote:DRUM GRIDS!!!!!! This has been a wishlist feature for YEARS for me. I'm excited! Viva la Tracktion!!
That's what caught my eye as well. If they've put some thought into it and made it easy and fast, it'll be a big plus for me.

jabe wrote:I can see a point in opening multiple projects.
If you can open multiple projects, in sync, AND then record into an empty project, plus using loops, you've got a Tracktion Session going... groundbreaking.
Actually Reason should do that too.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

jabe wrote: I think synced Edits might be a bit much. Can't see any point.
If you thought of the synced edits as a big giant 'folder track' organizational tool, then do you see a point?

Screen space organization of the most excellent kind in a Tracktion kind of way, rather than a 'tree' structure.

To me, this might be more useful than having multiple different edits open at one time.

I'm not saying you would have to agree with me, but getting a folder track entirely out of the way when not using it, like putting it onto a different tab, helps to keep the modeless interface idea clean.

I'm trying to see... but couldn't the folders be just made hidden so you have to perhaps double-click to see them? And as for recording into an empty edit, why not just record into an empty track? Sorry if I'm missing your point, and thanks for trying to explain!

It makes more sense to me to have multiple Edits open (possibly from different projects, even) to allow transferring of clips, automation, filters, settings, for comparison, for "now, how did I do that last time?", etc, from one to another via copy and paste.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Looks great! Cheers and a happy release to the Tracktion crew!
Music is something you DO. Spend time, not money.
http://www.myspace.com/skipkent
http://soundcloud.com/skipkent

I personally think it would be cool if we could open folders on a separate tab as an advance editing option. I could totally see having the ability to loop all the contents of a folder, but when you open the folder it shows each clip in a unlooped or sublooped form. By opening this on a separate tab you could have something along the lines of a beat editor. The fact that it's actually just the sub contents of a folder means Tracktion still has the ability to work in a single view if a user wants. It would make Tracktion all that much more customizable.

Where's the info on T5 then? Can't see anything on the site

jabe wrote:I'm trying to see... but couldn't the folders be just made hidden so you have to perhaps double-click to see them? And as for recording into an empty edit, why not just record into an empty track? Sorry if I'm missing your point, and thanks for trying to explain!
Where are they hidden? If you can see them to click on them, they are taking up screen space. The space right at the top of the screen is wasted right now (well not now, it looks like multiple edits can be open on tabs).

I suppose theres a way to do folder tracks without taking up significant space in the main edit window. Let's see what T5 has up it's sleeve.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I likey!!!
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Is there any hint that they will be improving the way multi outs from drum plug ins etc are handled?
Cos that is a tiresome business in Tracktion.
Much as i love it.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Croak-Dilemmas/ ... MMAS+CROAK

I7 3770K, Asus P8Z77 V PRO, WIN 7 HP.
T1/2/3/4/5/6.

Anyone know when they are going to announce the details?
Previously it said yesterday, but I can't find any information either here or on their site ...

Nobody seems to have guessed the clever new trick we've got involving multiple edits.. That's good, it means our beta-testers have been keeping schtum!

News coming soon, folks.. Woody + Dave are busy doing press-release stuff at NAMM while me + the devs put in a few last-minute fixes, but it's not long until we'll be able to flip the switch..

Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

When's Groundhog day ??

Return to “Tracktion”