What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRian

1285 posts since 3 Jan, 2005

Postby fedexnman; Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:24 pm Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

I wonder what other goodies T5 will have ?
KVRian

751 posts since 22 Oct, 2004, from Schmocation

Postby skipscada; Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:45 pm Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

cjayconrod wrote:DRUM GRIDS!!!!!! This has been a wishlist feature for YEARS for me. I'm excited! Viva la Tracktion!!

That's what caught my eye as well. If they've put some thought into it and made it easy and fast, it'll be a big plus for me.
KVRAF

2462 posts since 30 May, 2006, from US / Italy

Postby liquidsound; Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:05 pm Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

jabe wrote:I can see a point in opening multiple projects.
If you can open multiple projects, in sync, AND then record into an empty project, plus using loops, you've got a Tracktion Session going... groundbreaking.
Actually Reason should do that too.
MuLab & MUX, Zebra-Bazille-ACE-Diva-Diversion-Dune2-Xils4-Aalto
KVRAF

4760 posts since 10 Aug, 2004, from Colorado Springs

Postby rockstar_not; Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:23 pm Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

jabe wrote:I think synced Edits might be a bit much. Can't see any point.

If you thought of the synced edits as a big giant 'folder track' organizational tool, then do you see a point?

Screen space organization of the most excellent kind in a Tracktion kind of way, rather than a 'tree' structure.

To me, this might be more useful than having multiple different edits open at one time.

I'm not saying you would have to agree with me, but getting a folder track entirely out of the way when not using it, like putting it onto a different tab, helps to keep the modeless interface idea clean.
KVRist

302 posts since 8 Oct, 2008, from UK

Postby jabe; Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:42 pm Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

I'm trying to see... but couldn't the folders be just made hidden so you have to perhaps double-click to see them? And as for recording into an empty edit, why not just record into an empty track? Sorry if I'm missing your point, and thanks for trying to explain!

It makes more sense to me to have multiple Edits open (possibly from different projects, even) to allow transferring of clips, automation, filters, settings, for comparison, for "now, how did I do that last time?", etc, from one to another via copy and paste.
W7-32, T5, everything underused.
KVRian

1112 posts since 21 Jul, 2004

Postby skipkent; Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:52 pm Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

Looks great! Cheers and a happy release to the Tracktion crew!
Music is something you DO. Spend time, not money.
http://www.myspace.com/skipkent
http://soundcloud.com/skipkent
KVRer

4 posts since 23 Jan, 2014

Postby egear; Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:57 am Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

I personally think it would be cool if we could open folders on a separate tab as an advance editing option. I could totally see having the ability to loop all the contents of a folder, but when you open the folder it shows each clip in a unlooped or sublooped form. By opening this on a separate tab you could have something along the lines of a beat editor. The fact that it's actually just the sub contents of a folder means Tracktion still has the ability to work in a single view if a user wants. It would make Tracktion all that much more customizable.
KVRAF

19198 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:59 am Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

Where's the info on T5 then? Can't see anything on the site
KVRAF

4760 posts since 10 Aug, 2004, from Colorado Springs

Postby rockstar_not; Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:42 pm Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

jabe wrote:I'm trying to see... but couldn't the folders be just made hidden so you have to perhaps double-click to see them? And as for recording into an empty edit, why not just record into an empty track? Sorry if I'm missing your point, and thanks for trying to explain!

Where are they hidden? If you can see them to click on them, they are taking up screen space. The space right at the top of the screen is wasted right now (well not now, it looks like multiple edits can be open on tabs).

I suppose theres a way to do folder tracks without taking up significant space in the main edit window. Let's see what T5 has up it's sleeve.
KVRAF

3282 posts since 17 Sep, 2006, from Fredericksburg, VA USA

Postby Integratron; Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:51 pm Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I likey!!!
J.S. Bach... the Einstein of music.
Dell XPS8700 i7, 8bg memory, 1tb hdd, Steinberg UR22 audio, Personus ER5 monitors, Windows 7 Pro Sp1
Listen to my music here... http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=439965&T=7205
KVRist

294 posts since 1 Nov, 2005, from UK

Postby shindigger; Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:40 am Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

Is there any hint that they will be improving the way multi outs from drum plug ins etc are handled?
Cos that is a tiresome business in Tracktion.
Much as i love it.
Home built I7 3770K, Asus P8Z77 V PRO, WIN 7 HP. Tracktion 4.
Yamaha/Steinberg N12.
KRK RP6.
Addictive Drums.
Boss GT10.
Roland GR20.
Revalver 3.
Korg Triton.
SSL Duende.
KVRAF

7475 posts since 6 Jul, 2004

Postby headquest; Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:10 am Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

Anyone know when they are going to announce the details?
Previously it said yesterday, but I can't find any information either here or on their site ...
Chief Tracktioneer

471 posts since 14 Nov, 2002, from Raw Material HQ, London

Postby jules; Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:01 am Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

Nobody seems to have guessed the clever new trick we've got involving multiple edits.. That's good, it means our beta-testers have been keeping schtum!

News coming soon, folks.. Woody + Dave are busy doing press-release stuff at NAMM while me + the devs put in a few last-minute fixes, but it's not long until we'll be able to flip the switch..
KVRian

621 posts since 26 Mar, 2004, from Surrey, UK

Postby mcnelson; Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:00 am Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
ABLETON LIVE 9 : TRACKTION 5 : AUDIO DAMAGE : SONIC CHARGE : SUGAR BYTES
Nation of Korea vs Sh*tty Dog
KVRian

1285 posts since 3 Jan, 2005

Postby fedexnman; Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:11 am Re: Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

When's Groundhog day ??
PreviousNext

Moderators: ModuLR, valley, jules, TSC

Return to Tracktion