Michael Calfan Saw Chord...

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/77495341/file.html

at 0:16 you can hear the chords at full volume along with the kick...how does he get that chord sound, i'm trying with sylenth1 and i can't get close..

It plays later on during the break and it's the backing chord in the drop

Bump?

I use a lot of effects in the "saw chord", if you use nexus, you could easily duplicate that by the default preset that gets loaded once its open in your playlist "Saw init" then you sent it to your sub master channel and eq it by cutting the high frequencies, then for the volume changing effect search for a vst for "Tremolo" effects adjust it to 1/4 beat and your good to go :wink:

Thanks for the replay Michael really appreciated, what julian was asking for is something like this:when you have 4/4 kick and leads (or chords), normally when the kick hit the leads get covered by the kick, but in your track the "saw chords" stays always on top (also during the drop), chords are clear without sidechain compression. How can achive this effect??

Question for me this time, i know you have already replay in the video of the making of resurrection. But i can't speak french at all so don't understand the aswer: You make beautiful atmosphere (like resurrection) also good as Axwell's one. What makes these atmosphere so nice and natural without get a crowd mix?? Thanks man

I wonder how Michael gets his "gated" effect on the synth (in the intro of Who We Are/Lion) that is also used much by Alesso for example in his Calling intro.
Tremolo is a great plugin but it doesn't the job. I've tried with Glitch2 but can't get it.
Hope someone can explain :)

Return to “Sound Design”