What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Kirk Hunter Group Buy: NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

395 posts since 1 Oct, 2005, from Los Angeles, CA USA

Postby KirkHunter; Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:52 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Musical Gym wrote:thank you
Is there an actual pdf users can download on the site? I didn't see one.

Once the library is purchased, is the user allowed to tweak settings via the Spotlight Strings interface or via Kontakt's tools interface and then save the instrument for user patch loading?

Only 4 more sign-ups needed for the next level of 30% off!!

Yes, http://kirkhunterstudios.com/_Install_S ... AD_ME.html

Yes, the user can tweak as much as is needed. The only thing that cannot be changed is anything having to do with the zones are samples.
KVRAF

3124 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Northern California

Postby Musical Gym; Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:56 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

thanks, I still don't see a pdf, but that's ok. I'll get it after purchase.
KVRian

915 posts since 25 Sep, 2002

Postby don1thedon; Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:31 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Bumping this high quality GB, jump in the waters fine!!
Looking forward to re-enabling my demo after a PC rebuild since Xmas.
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:51 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Almost to the next level of 30% off. Counter's been stuck at 146 for awhile so actual number could be higher.
KVRian

1276 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:58 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

we should be on 30% after next counter update. still 150 more to go for full discount.
From Russia with love
KVRer

22 posts since 19 Dec, 2013, from Japan

Postby Chandlerhimself; Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:45 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread, but in another forum Mr. Hunter said he would add more samples to Spotlight strings and tweak some things like vibrato in the future. That should mean more variety and a better sound. Hopefully Kirk or eDrummist, can clarify things further.
KVRist

395 posts since 1 Oct, 2005, from Los Angeles, CA USA

Postby KirkHunter; Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:49 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Chandlerhimself wrote:I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread, but in another forum Mr. Hunter said he would add more samples to Spotlight strings and tweak some things like vibrato in the future. That should mean more variety and a better sound. Hopefully Kirk or eDrummist, can clarify things further.

Yes, I'm actually working on that as I type...well kinda. :)
So far, the changes are:

-Much better vibrato when more than 1 player is used
-A bit more randomizing of all vibrato, so as to be a bit more "human"
-Better randomization where start-note is concerned when more than 1 player is used
-Slightly richer, fuller overall sound
-Add "Dolce Largo" articulation (Very slow and sweet - great for romantic or lyric phrases)
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:29 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Nice
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:30 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

- Submit any non-copyrighted song from any genre, either original or public domain.
- All song entries must be submitted to kirkhunterstudios@gmail.com by no later than January 25, 2013 by 11:59 PST.

If I get time before the deadline, I may submit an original tune copyrighted under my name, although the rule says "non-copyrighted." I realize the year is a typo in the second paragraph.
Anyone else going to be submitting anything?
Also, I'm not a customer yet and I don't believe the competition is limited to customers as alluded earlier.
I think eDrummist clarified all this already, so call it a bump for a great group buy.
Not much time left.
KVRer

Postby Chandlerhimself; Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:48 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

I submitted one song and have one more in the tank. My ears were worn out from writing and mixing yesterday, so I thought I'd give the song a night to sit. If anyone is interested I'll post it here.
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:01 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

I'll take a listen. Except I wonder if Kirk might prefer that entries not be shared with the public yet?
KVRist

260 posts since 29 Sep, 2006

Postby Sparky77; Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:39 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Chandlerhimself wrote:I submitted one song and have one more in the tank. My ears were worn out from writing and mixing yesterday, so I thought I'd give the song a night to sit. If anyone is interested I'll post it here.

Sure, lets have a listen.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:41 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Seems like the counter's been stuck at 146 for at least a couple days.
Turn out seems low for what's being offered.
I doubt that max discount level will be reached by the deadline without more participation in the forums by those who've already signed up.
KVRer

Postby Chandlerhimself; Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:55 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Ok here it is. I wrote and recorded this in 3 days using Spotlight Solo Strings, a demo version of some frame drums(Impact Soundworks I believe) and a Taiko instrument I made myself from freeware samples. I used the first Bass with ripieno, the first solo cello, all 4 violas, the first 2 violins and the first violins with ripieno. I'm not 100% happy with the mix, but I don't think it's too bad. I don't have much time, but I want to try to write 1 more before the deadline.

It gets louder so don't turn your speakers up too high just because the begining is a little quiet.

https://soundcloud.com/chandlerhimself/the-sellsword

Also Kirk sent me an updated cello instrument today. No new samples but new programming has been added it seems. The "Dolce Largo" is very nice and sweet. It's not radically different, but it's a nice addition and I wish I had it when I made this last piece. The ensemble playing is more random and you can hear the different attacks clearly, but it's randomized enough that it's not always the same. It's a nice addition, but I wish it could be turned on and off. I can always make a 2nd instance of an instrument and control it manually though, so it's not that big of a deal. The vibrato for they ensemble I didn't check out, so I can't comment. The sound of the 1st cello seems to be about the same. I didn't notice much of a difference if at all. That said, I didn't think there was any problem with the 1st cello. The 2nd cello is much improved. Before I found the 2nd cello too nasal and thin sounding, but it seems like some bass has been added or the nasal quality has been eq-ed out, maybe both. Anyway, I think it's a noticeable improvement. The 3rd is like the 1st, not much bad about the original version and the new version doesn't seem to have changed much. The 4th seems to have a little more body, but it's not as big a change as 2. Overall nice additions to a library that already sounds good.
KVRian

1276 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:42 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

OK we are in the 30% zone, with 151 participants (although the website seems to have a glitch and there's also 146 right above it :-) ). 30% is no 50% but it's certainly not 25% either!
From Russia with love
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Market Place (Buy / Sell / Special Offers)