January Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm in with a mellow Frying Pan number called Mellopaniano. Almost forgot to do my entry this month. possibly because my wife's birthday is quickly approaching and I have no idea what I'm getting her. Panic is setting in.

Shangsean wrote:I'm in with a mellow Frying Pan number called Mellopaniano. Almost forgot to do my entry this month. possibly because my wife's birthday is quickly approaching and I have no idea what I'm getting her. Panic is setting in.
Perhaps you could get her an unusual pet bird, or some kitchen hardware or maybe an accordion?
Last edited by robogone on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sean - the female of the species is always satisfied witha "Spa Day" of pampering, massage and girl-stuff
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

I want a spa-day for my birthday.
Thank you Spirulence an Zombie Queen for commenting. My apologies for such a breviloquent entry spurred by some antagonistic reflex to being allowed an extra minute.

Thanks for the advice guys, both helpful and not so. I think a gift certificate may be heading in her direction. She's not really a fan of accordions as far as I can tell. Maybe I'll start leaving my accordion magazines lying around the house and see if she takes an interest. Worth a shot!

Zombie Queen wrote:Listening round, with little comments:
Laura's Dad: Kitchen fanfare from the legend of princess pancakes. I'm confused.
Thanks for listening.

Submissions thread is locked, voting thread is up.

Next month:
RAGNAROK

This month you are asked to submit an entry about/in honor of Ragnarok.

Emphatic note #1: To ensure that entries get in before the big event (or because it is a short month), submissions are due by early (five) a.m. Central US time on the 22nd instead of the 25th.

Emphatic note #2: Time limit is back to three minutes.
(If you like the theme, credit goes to kryptonaut; if not, blame goes to me.)
No longer a moderator.

Zombie, thanks for listening and the review. Happy to reconnect after a long time. All the best.
Regards. :D

Too many interesting tunes this contest - made it hard to vote, but I did anyway! :-o
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

my notes on remaining entries:

Darko A - Is this EPM? (Electronic Pan Music) Nice choice of sound and good mixing, it seems a little repetitive toward the end.

DH Miltz - Death Pan Ambient... Very tasty use of silence and eerie atmosphere. I like this.

Shangsean - Fusion of chill-out and Vietnamese folk music. Exotic and subtle. I haven't seen the ending coming, which reminds me of my experiences with Vietnamese folk.

Thanks, Zombie Queen.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:Submissions thread is locked, voting thread is up.

Next month:
RAGNAROK

Emphatic note #1: To ensure that entries get in before the big event (or because it is a short month), submissions are due by early (five) a.m. Central US time on the 22nd instead of the 25th.

Very strange themes this days.

Hellfog wrote:

Next month:
RAGNAROK

Indeed. I'm afraid they are getting too strange for me :(
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:
Hellfog wrote:

Next month:
RAGNAROK

Indeed. I'm afraid they are getting too strange for me :(
Oh... I apologise if I suggested a duff theme :?

I thought - it's Ragnarok, Gotterdammerung - besides being 'topical', it's also the end of the world, heralded by blasts on the mighty Gjallerhorn - gods fighting gods and being slain by giant wolves and serpents, floods, earthquakes, and the Earth being reborn - must be inspiration there surely? Metal? Folk? Classical? Prog rock? Operatic? Filmscore? Vangelis-style epic synth rock?

Brothers will fight
and kill each other,
sisters' children
will defile kinship.
It is harsh in the world,
whoredom rife
—an axe age, a sword age
—shields are riven—
a wind age, a wolf age—
before the world goes headlong.
No man will have
mercy on another.

Sounds like death metal meets nursery rhyme...

Return to “Music Cafe”