What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Polyphony issue in GarageBand.

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

electrosoul91
KVRer

13 posts since 18 Jan, 2014

Postby electrosoul91; Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:47 am Polyphony issue in GarageBand.

Greetings everyone. I'm honored to be a member of this great forum.

I have a question. I'm getting a new iPad in about week, it will be my second since the iPad 2, which I had two years ago. I remember that GarageBand on it had poor polyphony on it (only 7-8 notes when playing Rhodes, which was disappointing) So, I would like to know if polyphony has been increased in the GarageBand 2.0 and on newer iPads, such as iPad Air.

Any help is very appreciated, and thanks in advance. :)
martygras
KVRian

519 posts since 3 Apr, 2008, from State of Confusion

Postby martygras; Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:08 am Re: Polyphony issue in GarageBand.

Very few synth apps publish a specific polyphony because it depends on the processing power of the device.

Some that are power hungry will allow you to reduce polyphony to reduce CPU load.

I use one of the piano patches a lot, and have not noticed any note robbing,so they may have fixed whatever was causing the problem. it's also possible that some of the organ patches use 2 voices at once.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Mobile Apps and Hardware