Countdown to Sample Tank 3, with 64 bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

I was playing through ST2 last night to check out some amp sims. I noticed a whole section of ricky12 strings, but no ricky 6. Can you tell me if that oversight as been corrected in the new samples? (Sorry, I know, off topic.)

BBFG# wrote:Welcome to the KVR sprawl, where if you didn't start the thread, you can only suggest. I was responding to someone else that posted the link to it here. But I'll keep it on topic, which is actually about the countdown to the end of 2013 (and then to NAMM, which is here, so the thread is dead except by specualtion of the new 'countdown').
Quoting people always helps keep the conversation clear so no one gets confused.

Welcome to the internet.

Its not here yet and we still have a lot more to confirm and address about SampleTank 3. Looks like price has been leaked, which is still 60% of what version 2 cost when it was released in 2003. Just one of many things that will be address during NAMM.
BBFG# wrote:I was playing through ST2 last night to check out some amp sims. I noticed a whole section of ricky12 strings, but no ricky 6. Can you tell me if that oversight as been corrected in the new samples? (Sorry, I know, off topic.)
If you can't find it in the current library it simply wasn't included. We'll have more info on the new library in SampleTank 3 soon.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

ObiK wrote: Its not here yet and we still have a lot more to confirm and address about SampleTank 3. Looks like price has been leaked, which is still 60% of what version 2 cost when it was released in 2003. Just one of many things that will be address during NAMM.
So are you saying you're waiting for the last day of NAMM to actually announce it?
;)

ObiK wrote:
BBFG# wrote:I was playing through ST2 last night to check out some amp sims. I noticed a whole section of ricky12 strings, but no ricky 6. Can you tell me if that oversight as been corrected in the new samples? (Sorry, I know, off topic.)
If you can't find it in the current library it simply wasn't included. We'll have more info on the new library in SampleTank 3 soon.
I knew it wasn't included in the current library, but since there was so much show about samples before, it seem like you might be forthcoming on if it is there now. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it is, but I'm not counting on it now.

IKM FBook Page wrote: ... today we debut at NAMM and move from there. There will be an upgrade path, for sure. Pricing information is forthcoming...

I'm glad they got rid of that awful red monstrosity of a GUI :D So that's a plus already in my book!
Eternitysound VST Banks

I'm very confused. I see the price, but it says download......is it available?

so is there still no price for upgrade yet or is the $299 that's mentioned in the link the upgrade price :ud: :o would suck since i paid full price when i purchased sampletank years ago :pray: please dont let that be the upgrade price

well will wait and :pray: thats not it

No, it is not currently available. More details to follow....
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

ok will wait for info, will that be before namm ends :?:

Can we at least get full size screenshots of all the GUI pages ? I got a peek at them at the Musician's Friend's page before it was taken down but that was only on my iToy from work. I'd love to see the full size GUI on my home computer............
GeorgeZ wrote:I'm glad they got rid of that awful red monstrosity of a GUI :D So that's a plus already in my book!
I still see a lot of red........maybe the color can be adjusted like version 2 but I'd be willing to bet it can't...........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Can we at least get full size screenshots of all the GUI pages ? I got a peek at them at the Musician's Friend's page before it was taken down but that was only on my iToy from work. I'd love to see the full size GUI on my home computer............
GeorgeZ wrote:I'm glad they got rid of that awful red monstrosity of a GUI :D So that's a plus already in my book!
I still see a lot of red........maybe the color can be adjusted like version 2 but I'd be willing to bet it can't...........
Ye, but it's MUCH less than what it was on 2 :tu:
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:Ye, but it's MUCH less than what it was on 2 :tu:
Well I have my ST2 set to cool Blue so there's no Red on it.......... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

cain wrote:so is there still no price for upgrade yet or is the $299 that's mentioned in the link the upgrade price :ud: :o would suck since i paid full price when i purchased sampletank years ago :pray: please dont let that be the upgrade price

well will wait and :pray: thats not it
As was suggested on a previous page of this thread, there might be two (2) different upgrade prices. One for the early adopters, and one for the late comers.

I raised this question with one of the reps this evening at the NAMM show, and he confirmed that management is planning on implementing a two (2) upgrade price strategy. So the question is: "What is the definition of an early adopter and what is a late comer"? As of today, those decisions have not been made. He seemed to think those decisions might be made within the next few days.

EDIT - Oops! The upgrade price was discussed in another Thread. Sorry for the confusion.
Last edited by sodbuster-ca on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...Save the bones for Henry Jones, 'cause Henry don't eat no meat..."

thanks for that info. While you were there did you get to see or hear ST3? Any thoughts??

Return to “Instruments”