What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Free - NI Supercharger

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

hibidy
KVRAF
 
41048 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:43 pm Re: Free - NI Supercharger

If it worked properly, my use would be for super-squashed drums as a break or effect.
Agreed
KVRian
 
1137 posts since 2 Mar, 2009, from Crossett, Arkansas, USA

Postby Agreed; Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:53 pm Re: Free - NI Supercharger

That was my thought too but there is something super weird about the way it handles transients that I find offputting. And not like the usual "duh, you're using a comp, it's supposed to mess with transients" - I mean it seems like there's something about it that doesn't behave in an intuitive way based on input and doesn't seem to be adjustable in that particular regard. I'm having some trouble articulating exactly what it is, but it's just weird.
hibidy
KVRAF
 
41048 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:14 pm Re: Free - NI Supercharger

Exactly. There is no practical way to get it to just squish a part. The transient detection is very poor. I'll have to live w/o using it.
bungle
KVRist
 
291 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Postby bungle; Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:24 pm Re: Free - NI Supercharger

hibidy wrote:Exactly. There is no practical way to get it to just squish a part. The transient detection is very poor. I'll have to live w/o using it.


I'm the same with Reelbus from Toneboosters, it kills the start of anything you put through it, unusable :(
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.
A.M. Gold
KVRAF
 
5560 posts since 4 May, 2007, from Mars Colony

Postby A.M. Gold; Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:03 pm Re: Free - NI Supercharger

I like it fine on drums more as a normal compressor, at about 50% wet, with the two buttons engaged. different strokes.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry
djeroen
KVRist
 
184 posts since 14 Sep, 2006

Postby djeroen; Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:33 pm Re: Free - NI Supercharger

bungle wrote:
hibidy wrote:Exactly. There is no practical way to get it to just squish a part. The transient detection is very poor. I'll have to live w/o using it.


I'm the same with Reelbus from Toneboosters, it kills the start of anything you put through it, unusable :(


This issue with Reelbus has been fixed almost a month ago. Just update to v3.0.2.
User avatar
arkmabat
KVRAF
 
2433 posts since 5 Nov, 2009

Postby arkmabat; Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:22 pm Re: Free - NI Supercharger

Agreed wrote:That was my thought too but there is something super weird about the way it handles transients that I find offputting. And not like the usual "duh, you're using a comp, it's supposed to mess with transients" - I mean it seems like there's something about it that doesn't behave in an intuitive way based on input and doesn't seem to be adjustable in that particular regard. I'm having some trouble articulating exactly what it is, but it's just weird.


Honestly, I'm not super impressed with it... for free ya, but for $50? :uhuhuh:
bungle
KVRist
 
291 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Postby bungle; Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:38 pm Re: Free - NI Supercharger

djeroen wrote:
bungle wrote:
hibidy wrote:Exactly. There is no practical way to get it to just squish a part. The transient detection is very poor. I'll have to live w/o using it.


I'm the same with Reelbus from Toneboosters, it kills the start of anything you put through it, unusable :(


This issue with Reelbus has been fixed almost a month ago. Just update to v3.0.2.


Thanks, will do :)
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.
BBFG#
KVRAF
 
3535 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:27 pm Re: Free - NI Supercharger

Quick question, I just found I had two files for this effect. One is 30mb, the other is 32mb. The 30mb seems to be the one loading in the DAW and seems to work okay, but knowing the file size difference, I'm wondering if it really is.
barca12
KVRer
 
1 post since 2 Dec, 2010

Postby barca12; Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:51 am Re: Free - NI Supercharger

Please Help

Someone, do you not have a PC version of demo installer SUPER CHARGER?
target
KVRer
 
7 posts since 16 Mar, 2014

Postby target; Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:23 am Re: Free - NI Supercharger

Hmm, i think it is mentioned in previous posts somewhere that it was possible to extract dll from installer package...
realmarco
Waaaaahhh
 
1366 posts since 29 Jul, 2001, from montreal, quebec,canada

Postby realmarco; Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:47 pm Re: Free - NI Supercharger

dont forget that Magnetic tape has bad sides too

Like a kick drum being at more than -40db is mushy

so some Tape Emus might have that same flaw intentionally or not.

especially Nebula programs cause the sampling technology of Nebula which if done right sound indistinguishable from the real thing.

that includes tape,Compressors,limiters,Analog EQ,filters and Phasers.

So i wouldnt be so criticall of plugins from tonebooster and such
they are after all doing their job
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!
playD
KVRer
 
1 post since 9 Jul, 2014

Postby playD; Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:36 pm Re: installing Guitar Rig Player 5.2 on Vista

Using Application Verifier, I got it installed on my Vista machine -- Guitar Rig 5 Setup PC.exe -- the TRICK was using the 32-bit version of Applucation Verifier (and not making an entry in the 64-bit version). Otherwise, it wouldn't install. Works like a charm. I was going back to an older project that had used GR5 Player but was on an older machine.
jancivil wrote:
Integratron wrote:I've given up on all NI stuff for now. Their stuff just won't install on XP. I was able to get the latest version of Kontakt installed with the help of another KVRite, but the Drum Lab that I purchased and this compressor will not install.

The Kontakt installer was giving me a message that it must have system 7 or higher. We used application verifier to get around the error message. Oh, BTW, Kontakt 5.3.0 runs perfectly with XP... NI is just made it SOOOOOOOOO difficult for their users these days. I've spent a few hundred $$ on their products so I think this is a really poor way to treat paying customers... just saying
Yeah, this is a bottom line decision to cut down on support tickets for everything forward, I believe. I managed to install updates for Reaktor, Kontakt, Guitar Rig, last year's freebie Driver, Reaktor Spark and Skanner, and this. Out of these what doesn't work is the standalone for Kontakt Player 5.3 and Guitar Rig Player 5.2. Which work fine as plugins. This needing a Service Center update is the next level of this. VE Pro doesn't even see it, having failed to activate. Actually 'the old' SC doesn't recognize those things were updated either.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects