is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i dont use it at all and i saw that a license transfer card from IK Multimedia costs 15 bucks... i think i cant sell SAMPLEMOOG for more than 20 bucks at all?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

yep, pretty much. IK stuff has essentially zero resale value (i.e. you either can't sell it at all or can't sell it at a reasonable price), so when you buy it, you have to be absolutely sure you need it. if you bought it way before all those crazy sales, then it's a different story and i think you got your money's worth while using it (and you obviously thought it was worth it at the time).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

For what you'd have to go through to sell it to gain $5, I'd say not worth it and just toss it if you for certain can't find a use for it.

IMO not worth all the hassle for $5.

JM2C

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

It really is a shame IK have such terrible policies regarding resale fees and download fees (not to mention all the broken promises regarding free players, release dates etc.).

Credibility just isn't what it used to be ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

The problem is that IK products IMO are not very good in general. I have most of their products, but always have something better and more useful to use than what they offer. I'm not trying to be mean, just sharing my experience.

Caine123 wrote:i dont use it at all and i saw that a license transfer card from IK Multimedia costs 15 bucks... i think i cant sell SAMPLEMOOG for more than 20 bucks at all?
They've reduced their fee? Last time I looked it was twenty.

Btw, I don't use mine either, but it seems worth keeping around to use in SampleTank when doing possible layers. Especially since I bought it cheap and would have to pretty much give it away. At least you can sell or give it away if you were up to it. Not like Cakewalk stuff where once you bought it, it's yours for life (unless you're devious about getting around those things). And it's far more useable than Dimension. I actually find better stock sounds on it than Kontakt. But Kontakt third party sounds are mostly better.

BBFG# wrote:Btw, I don't use mine either, but it seems worth keeping around to use in SampleTank when doing possible layers. Especially since I bought it cheap and would have to pretty much give it away. At least you can sell or give it away if you were up to it. Not like Cakewalk stuff where once you bought it, it's yours for life (unless you're devious about getting around those things). And it's far more useable than Dimension. I actually find better stock sounds on it than Kontakt. But Kontakt third party sounds are mostly better.
Yes... I've not used a sound from kontakt stock library. I have recently bought Dimension on sale. I used it on one track of my new "Sounds of Atoms" release. http://sayermusic.bandcamp.com/album/sounds-of-atoms

I dunno . . . seems to me that the "MSRP" is $99, yes? Well, selling it for $45 (maybe $40) should be doable. Agree/disagree? :shrug:
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Brother Charles wrote:I dunno . . . seems to me that the "MSRP" is $99, yes? Well, selling it for $45 (maybe $40) should be doable. Agree/disagree? :shrug:

Hahaha. :lol:

I can't even make $35 net on Total Workstation 2 which has Samplemoog, ST2, Miroslav, Sonic Synth 2 and Sampletron.

These things are worthless second-hand. They were selling WAY under $99 during the constant sales.

donato wrote: I can't even make $35 net on Total Workstation 2 which has Samplemoog, ST2, Miroslav, Sonic Synth 2 and Sampletron.

These things are worthless second-hand. They were selling WAY under $99 during the constant sales.
I lost all the sample content to these and can't even bring myself to pay the content re-download fees so I can use them again.

Brother Charles wrote:I dunno . . . seems to me that the "MSRP" is $99, yes? Well, selling it for $45 (maybe $40) should be doable. Agree/disagree? :shrug:
once i saw Vertigo VSC-2 on sale for $99, there's no way i'm paying any more than that. and i waited for another similar sale to get it. since those sales, i've never seen anyone selling Vertigo VSC-2 for more than that. so Plugin Alliance pretty much destroyed their plugins' value and i doubt anyone buys them at full price anymore.

same with IK stuff - it's "MSRP at $99" but i doubt anyone has actually bought it even at that "full" price (IIRC it was more expensive a few years back?). you won't be able to sell it on the market place for more than half the *sale* price. add transfer fees and paid downloads, and you'd have to pretty much pay people to get it off you.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

thanks to all! yeah i got those on sale times too but i was checking all my plugins yesterday which i dont use and would love to sell and just rot on my hdd, i use sampletankk it's not that bad but for moog i got DIVA etc. ahhh too bad :(
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:i dont use it at all and i saw that a license transfer card from IK Multimedia costs 15 bucks... i think i cant sell SAMPLEMOOG for more than 20 bucks at all?
Keep if for the time being, we never know if such a license can be used to upgrade to SampleTank 3, and if that should happen, the license will be much more lucrative to sell then ;)

Return to “Instruments”