Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yeah man, get a MIDI interface on that, run a sequencer into it... :hihi:
(missing the point)

just got a great non-guitarist's litte guitar, 2nd hand, cheeep:
picked it up, it felt nice, light, clean, ...and not at all flash, unremarkable:
a behringer squier-a-like. really like it.

my reduced twanging setup is now that, with a little Boss MicroBR:
multitrack/fx/tuner/etc. AND porta-pseudo amplifier, all in one.
lot handier than fiddling with amp+pedal etc. - not yet able to
pronounce on 'quality' of the MicroBR in this context, but i like the
concept (and am applying it...)

yo D.

EDIT

Er, no to that bass I showed. Major POS.

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Yeah, I love the whole Dave Bunker story. I remember his ads in the back of Guitar Player. His tap playing was and remains quite unique. It's funny, Traktor Topaz use to heap great praise on Bunker and originally developed his technique from Bunker but quickly distance himself from Bunker with the release of Mobius Megatar.

I've tried the bunker method where your wrist runs perpendicular to the fretboard and it's a bitch for scaling
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

I thought it was cool :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

It's not the "genesis" but I wanted the hard case version anyways. I think blue is the way to go.

Still can't let go of Ibby's can you?

tapper mike wrote:Still can't let go of Ibby's can you?
Depends :shrug: I let go of all except my exceptional prestige.

Looking at a used Telecaster tomorrow - the price/color/hardware looks right . . .

wish me luck
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote:Looking at a used Telecaster tomorrow - the price/color/hardware looks right . . .

wish me luck
*luck* :)

Mister Natural wrote:Looking at a used Telecaster tomorrow - the price/color/hardware looks right . . .

wish me luck
Hopefully it will be fine. Then of course we'll need PICS! :D

wish me luck
Give it plenty of play time.
If it's in the Detroit area and has a big "J W" carved out on the back you are getting a guitar with a heritage of two local legends.

hibidy wrote:
tapper mike wrote:Still can't let go of Ibby's can you?
Depends :shrug: I let go of all except my exceptional prestige.
What do you think of the "premium" series? I'm kind of sweet on the Joe Satriani model at the moment 8)

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ ... MgodSGcAsw
Last edited by blueman on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have at least ten hanging on the wall, 1/2 a dozen on a floor stand and a few in their cases under the stairs..
My latest additions are all I need.. Although I should try on my '94 3 p-u nighthawk this week.
The Vox Virage 1 mij sounds just amazing and is the most comfortable guitar I have.
Its mahogany 3D contoured, semi hollow, single cut body is light, resonant and the mahogany neck is gorgeous.
The Fender Cabronita thinline is likewise light. I adore the maple neck/ fingerboard and the FideliTron pu's are outstanding. I'm tempted to sell most of the rest..Almost.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

When it comes time to (finally) get a 7-string, I think this will be the one:

The specs on Chapman guitars, for the money, are decent. They build the guitars (at World in Korea, I think?) based on feedback from online polls; a pretty cool idea. This guitar, which is not out yet, shows up in their video demo of some new models around the 28m mark 8)

http://youtu.be/cTb-vKz1fkE

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”