What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Caine123
KVRAF

2718 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:29 pm is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

i dont use it at all and i saw that a license transfer card from IK Multimedia costs 15 bucks... i think i cant sell SAMPLEMOOG for more than 20 bucks at all?
Burillo
KVRAF

1670 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:47 pm Re: is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

yep, pretty much. IK stuff has essentially zero resale value (i.e. you either can't sell it at all or can't sell it at a reasonable price), so when you buy it, you have to be absolutely sure you need it. if you bought it way before all those crazy sales, then it's a different story and i think you got your money's worth while using it (and you obviously thought it was worth it at the time).
From Russia with love
dsan@mail.com
KVRAF

2231 posts since 29 Sep, 2005

Postby dsan@mail.com; Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:33 pm Re: is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

For what you'd have to go through to sell it to gain $5, I'd say not worth it and just toss it if you for certain can't find a use for it.

IMO not worth all the hassle for $5.

JM2C

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram
donato
KVRian

514 posts since 8 Nov, 2003

Postby donato; Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:49 pm Re: is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

It really is a shame IK have such terrible policies regarding resale fees and download fees (not to mention all the broken promises regarding free players, release dates etc.).
dsan@mail.com
KVRAF

2231 posts since 29 Sep, 2005

Postby dsan@mail.com; Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:55 pm Re: is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

Credibility just isn't what it used to be ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram
SayersWeb
KVRist

116 posts since 28 Sep, 2003, from Houston, Texas

Postby SayersWeb; Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:24 pm Re: is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

The problem is that IK products IMO are not very good in general. I have most of their products, but always have something better and more useful to use than what they offer. I'm not trying to be mean, just sharing my experience.
BBFG#
KVRAF

3860 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:13 pm Re: is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

Caine123 wrote:i dont use it at all and i saw that a license transfer card from IK Multimedia costs 15 bucks... i think i cant sell SAMPLEMOOG for more than 20 bucks at all?

They've reduced their fee? Last time I looked it was twenty.
BBFG#
KVRAF

3860 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:20 pm Re: is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

Btw, I don't use mine either, but it seems worth keeping around to use in SampleTank when doing possible layers. Especially since I bought it cheap and would have to pretty much give it away. At least you can sell or give it away if you were up to it. Not like Cakewalk stuff where once you bought it, it's yours for life (unless you're devious about getting around those things). And it's far more useable than Dimension. I actually find better stock sounds on it than Kontakt. But Kontakt third party sounds are mostly better.
SayersWeb
KVRist

116 posts since 28 Sep, 2003, from Houston, Texas

Postby SayersWeb; Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:01 pm Re: is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

BBFG# wrote:Btw, I don't use mine either, but it seems worth keeping around to use in SampleTank when doing possible layers. Especially since I bought it cheap and would have to pretty much give it away. At least you can sell or give it away if you were up to it. Not like Cakewalk stuff where once you bought it, it's yours for life (unless you're devious about getting around those things). And it's far more useable than Dimension. I actually find better stock sounds on it than Kontakt. But Kontakt third party sounds are mostly better.

Yes... I've not used a sound from kontakt stock library. I have recently bought Dimension on sale. I used it on one track of my new "Sounds of Atoms" release. http://sayermusic.bandcamp.com/album/sounds-of-atoms
Brother Charles
KVRian

744 posts since 2 Jan, 2012, from Alberta, Canada

Postby Brother Charles; Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:52 pm Re: is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

I dunno . . . seems to me that the "MSRP" is $99, yes? Well, selling it for $45 (maybe $40) should be doable. Agree/disagree? :shrug:
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
donato
KVRian

514 posts since 8 Nov, 2003

Postby donato; Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:25 pm Re: is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

Brother Charles wrote:I dunno . . . seems to me that the "MSRP" is $99, yes? Well, selling it for $45 (maybe $40) should be doable. Agree/disagree? :shrug:

Hahaha. :lol:

I can't even make $35 net on Total Workstation 2 which has Samplemoog, ST2, Miroslav, Sonic Synth 2 and Sampletron.

These things are worthless second-hand. They were selling WAY under $99 during the constant sales.
spacecult
KVRist

242 posts since 9 Apr, 2013, from Memphis, Ark.

Postby spacecult; Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:37 pm Re: is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

donato wrote:I can't even make $35 net on Total Workstation 2 which has Samplemoog, ST2, Miroslav, Sonic Synth 2 and Sampletron.

These things are worthless second-hand. They were selling WAY under $99 during the constant sales.

I lost all the sample content to these and can't even bring myself to pay the content re-download fees so I can use them again.
Burillo
KVRAF

1670 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:52 am Re: is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

Brother Charles wrote:I dunno . . . seems to me that the "MSRP" is $99, yes? Well, selling it for $45 (maybe $40) should be doable. Agree/disagree? :shrug:

once i saw Vertigo VSC-2 on sale for $99, there's no way i'm paying any more than that. and i waited for another similar sale to get it. since those sales, i've never seen anyone selling Vertigo VSC-2 for more than that. so Plugin Alliance pretty much destroyed their plugins' value and i doubt anyone buys them at full price anymore.

same with IK stuff - it's "MSRP at $99" but i doubt anyone has actually bought it even at that "full" price (IIRC it was more expensive a few years back?). you won't be able to sell it on the market place for more than half the *sale* price. add transfer fees and paid downloads, and you'd have to pretty much pay people to get it off you.
From Russia with love
Caine123
KVRAF

2718 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:00 am Re: is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

thanks to all! yeah i got those on sale times too but i was checking all my plugins yesterday which i dont use and would love to sell and just rot on my hdd, i use sampletankk it's not that bad but for moog i got DIVA etc. ahhh too bad :(
Numanoid
KVRAF

9116 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:04 am Re: is it worth to sell SAMPLEMOOG?

Caine123 wrote:i dont use it at all and i saw that a license transfer card from IK Multimedia costs 15 bucks... i think i cant sell SAMPLEMOOG for more than 20 bucks at all?

Keep if for the time being, we never know if such a license can be used to upgrade to SampleTank 3, and if that should happen, the license will be much more lucrative to sell then ;)
Halb Wesen und halb Ding

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments