Tracktion 5 at NAMM

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks like a project in project feature, which is cool. Drop a song into another song, render it, double click it to open the full other song section, cool.

Definitely Melodyne ARA. Freeze "up to" this plugin, nice. Clip FX, no clue if that was there already or not.

Nice update.

Clip FX is new , thats gonna free up some tracks and space there for some , very creative . . The red and white box at the top right with the + on it next to the draggable filter is new , seems like it has alot of goodies in it like step seq , ara , etc etc amd you just drag it to the clip . Track icons . Wow ....

medienhexer wrote:
That's actually interesting. The fact that the tracktion video was sponsored by Presonus... :D
I think it just means Presonus is sponsoring the Sonic State coverage of NAMM.

Looks impressive, I'll definitely give the demo a whirl when it's ready...

fedexnman wrote:Clip FX is new , thats gonna free up some tracks and space there for some , very creative . . The red and white box at the top right with the + on it next to the draggable filter is new , seems like it has alot of goodies in it like step seq , ara , etc etc amd you just drag it to the clip . Track icons . Wow ....
Sorry to disagree here, but clip based effects have been around since at least Tracktion 2, about 8-9 years ago. In fact I did a 'song' using them just to see how they worked. I have rarely used them since. I did this one in 2005 with Tracktion 2: http://rockstarnot.rekkerd.org/mdhstory.html

Track icons, yawn. Gimme a big track LABEL. I often have multiple 'mic' tracks, or 'guitar' tracks.

Drum grid - yay! I'd like to see what other goodies are in that little '+' box as well.

The tabbed projects rendering into other projects is kind of interesting. Other than that, most of what was shown has been around in Tracktion for nearly 10 years - since T2.

What if it would accept your own track icons?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

It is a way.
zen of groundhog.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by havran on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

rockstar_not wrote:Drum grid - yay! I'd like to see what other goodies are in that little '+' box as well.
Insert new MIDI clip
Insert new Audio clip
Insert new Edit clip
Insert new Step-Sequence clip
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I know this seems minor to some, but I am still incredibly surprised that in the opening one can clearly see they still haven't implemented live overview during recording. I am far too used to working this way.

Also, I wonder if there is any sort of retrospective midi record?

I also wonder if pdc has been improved, and if there are any dramatic changes under the hood.

Regardless, no questions asked I am going to upgrade for $29 (which i think is ludicrously cheap) to keep supporting this daw and I always will.

I think Jules has made a big booboo here, I am worried the pricing structure is not sustainable for a decent profit. I really hope he gets 10 thousand brand new sales this year, then yes, ok that will be sustainable for a few years.

The project in project looks interesting, i wonder how it will go compared to logic' folders

Not sure if "Record what you hear" type functionality made it in. Lots of people were asking for it.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

It is a mesh of sound. Who can say what?

Looks good.
Any word on release date? Is it the 2nd Feb, or earlier?
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

So pleased they have modernised the freeze feature - couldn't care less about drums (although I know I am in the minority) or track icons. What still seems missing is the ability to record a plugin instrument to audio. Maybe it's just not in the video?

LawrenceF wrote:Looks like a project in project feature, which is cool. Drop a song into another song, render it, double click it to open the full other song section, cool.

Definitely Melodyne ARA. Freeze "up to" this plugin, nice. Clip FX, no clue if that was there already or not.

Nice update.
Not sure about Melodyne ARA - looks to me that was just being used as a plugin the standard way (just as the NI stuff was used) - I don't think that means it's integrated or even included.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”