Revalver 4 announced

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver

yessongs wrote:by the way they only got me for $45 incuding shipping and that is how I feel afte having been on the exact opposite of the spectrum strictly from reading all the hype.
Which version did you buy?
I see the HP version going from $45-50.00 online, but also see it direct from Peavey for about $13.00? My HSP version came as a free download for owning Addictive Drums. And the 3.5 version is around $300.00 MSRP?

So I am curious about your deal.

Bottom line, I like this Peavey amp-sim sound. Seems to have more realism than GR5. TH2 is good too, but I feel the Peavey may be more versatile.
(And I still haven't got Amplitube3 to load correctly, I'll be spending some time on that today though.)

And does anyone have practical experience with Peavey's update/upgrade pricing?

It was $40 on amazon and $5 for S&H for 3.5 so far I am having trouble getting decent sounds with it because the preset manager is so slow

So we really don't know "much" about R4. Honestly, there should be enticing photos/clips/viddys and not having the page take you to 3.5 :roll:

hibidy wrote:So we really don't know "much" about R4. Honestly, there should be enticing photos/clips/viddys and not having the page take you to 3.5 :roll:
Well, that does fit the branding so far. It's always been ugly, badly marketed (if at all) and disproportionaltely priced, especially considering the latter two points. Certainly seems to dispell any hope this is a relaunch of some sort.

wasi wrote:
hibidy wrote:So we really don't know "much" about R4. Honestly, there should be enticing photos/clips/viddys and not having the page take you to 3.5 :roll:
Well, that does fit the branding so far. It's always been ugly, badly marketed (if at all) and disproportionaltely priced, especially considering the latter two points. Certainly seems to dispell any hope this is a relaunch of some sort.
Agreed. I really do like their hardware products but this is just rediculous that everything in Revalver 4 has to be top secret. I mean wtf. Who's the pos who decided that we couldn't see any screenshots in the development process. That's not asking for much. And then asking for updates from users on forums to get no response or no updates. It's disrespectful to loyal customers and offputting to say the least.

Amplitube from Slash forward and Scuffham S-Gear are already delivering some highly detailed AMP modeling. What new is Revalver 4 going to bring to the table?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/peavey-int ... -aax-24738

and here http://en.audiofanzine.com/plugin-amp-s ... 17455.html

the clone technology sounds pretty interesting on one level it sounds like Rolands tech in that is an do guitar modeling. Then also it does something that sounds like what an axe FX does with its mimic technology.

The live thing is a must have and if they come out with a decent price for upgrades I might have to get this

electro wrote:Amplitube from Slash forward and Scuffham S-Gear are already delivering some highly detailed AMP modeling. What new is Revalver 4 going to bring to the table?
Agreed. Amplitube Slash is by far my favorite Marshall emulation in the JCMesque category and S-Gear's Park is very Plexiesque.

Who knows, maybe 4 will be great. Maybe if they a screenshot out before the beta testing phase like any reasonable brand/product manager, we'd actually know. Shane from Recabinet did this where at least you can get a glimpse of the GUI and the sound and have something to look forward. That to me is how business should be handled. By the way, the new Thermionik looks more promising than 3.5 ever was. Waiting til NAMM just to get a glimpse of what it looks like feels like jerking the customers around.

I've just added these to the news item:

Peavey representative's comment about schedule from official Revalver forum

"... said in NAMM it will (very likely) be available to demo (and of course, purchase) in april."

Thanks Ben. Looks great. I wish they had posted this earlier. Not sure what was so top secret about that but now we actually have something to look forward to.

Looks interesting. If they are looking for a beta tester for x64 win7 live/S1 they should PM me.

A new video for Revalver 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ7QIpQ ... e=youtu.be

Tweak to every component on schematics :love:

a123321 wrote:Tweak to every component on schematics :love:
That was possible in ReValver mkIII as well.

can schematics themselves be tweaked? (i.e. redesigned)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Effects”