Finally found a replacement for Kjaerhus Gate (EAReckon)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The "signal flow" option is now implemented (v1.2.0 has been released today) and a new plug-in has been added to the the ANALOG87 Series:

MD-GATE87 is a MIDI version of SD-GATE87 featuring a MIDI input but no sidechain.
It provides different MIDI modes to be discovered.
It is free for registered users of SD-GATE87 and even though the series features an extra plug-in, the price of the bundle remains unchanged ;-)

Thanks again for your suggestions and feedback!
All the best,
P.

Don't forget to check out Preston Gate, it's also really capable.

PFozz wrote:Thanks again for your suggestions and feedback!
Could there be any chance for us to see a possible "external signal" and "ratio" mode? This would make a plain "gate" into a usable "expander" as well.

Of course I could use the competition - but most of the developers focus on plain gating only. And I do like the Eareckon concept.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Is it possible to buy the CS-Strip 87 channel strip alone?
If yes how to do that without having PayPal?
What about the licensing system?
http://www.eareckon.com/en/products/ana ... strip.html
But also the entire Bundle is interesting.
Thanks for still supporting MAC Leopard 10.5.8 :tu: :tu:
.................................................................................................................................

Is it possible to buy the CS-Strip 87 channel strip alone?
Sure! CS-STRIP87 alone is €39 while other plugins in the ANALOG87 Series are €29 each.
And by purchasing SD-GATE87 (or the entire ANALOG87 bundle), you will get MD-GATE87 for free.
If yes how to do that without having PayPal?
By purchasing from the eaReckon webshop, you should have the possibility to pay with a credit card (via Paypal but without having to create an account).
What about the licensing system?
There is a double C/P system implemented in the plug-ins.

The first one is a classic Challenge/Response and it is available as soon as your serial number is registered in your user account.

The second one is based on a simple (watermarked) "key file". This file is not hardware dependant so you can be sure you will have the possibility to authorize your plug-in forever, whatever happens to eaReckon in the future.
However, access to this key file is granted after some manual checks.

Once you have a key file at your disposal, you don't have to mess with the Challenge/Response procedure anymore.

In the case of an eventual problem (server, ...), I have a local in-house application which can generate everything you may need to authorize the plug-ins and there is no third party things involved in the copy protection system.

Should you need more information about the purchasing process, please feel free to read the webshop FAQ (http://www.eareckon.com/eshop).
Thanks for still supporting MAC Leopard 10.5.8
You're welcome!

All the best,
P.

so if i just bought the gate and i authorize it on my laptop (which is not my main machine but i use it for demos and tests), i'll get the auth key after C/R authorization? or i'll have to deauthorize my laptop first to authorize it on my main machine?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Hi Burillo,

You don't need to deauthorize your laptop.

You can authorize the plug-in on multiple computers under certain conditions.
Here is what the EULA says about it:
“You may install and use the Software on more than one computer only if these computers form a single production unit or constitute separate workstations necessary for the task at hand and belong to the same owner.”

By using the Challenge/Response method, you will have to request one authorization code per computer. You can request up to four different authorization codes online (and eventually send me an email once all of them have been used so I can do something about it).

However, once you have a "key file", there are no limitations anymore.
This is why key files are traceable and only granted after some manual checks.
All of this is based on mutual trust...
I have to protect the software in some ways but sincerely don't want to annoy legit users with authorization issues :hug:

ah, great! thanks! out of interest - what is the usual timeline for getting the auth key file?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Unless a serial number is registered while I'm sleeping, it is usually a fast process.
Should you wait for too long, please feel free to send me an email ;-)

no rush! it'll be a long time before i run out of C/R authorizations :-)

If you just bought SD-GATE87, please feel free to give me your eaReckon user name via PM and I will activate your key file.

Hm… I don't have a credit card neither!
Maybe I'll ask my brother to do it via PayPal, but does this work too?
The key-file option is a better solution i.m.o.

for the record, i already got my keyfile (didn't even have to PM the developer), so you'll get your keyfile pretty soon after registering via C/R (which in itself is easy too - the most confusing part is actually creating two accounts, one for webshop and one for actual user area).

Delfinoverde, how do you even exist in the modern world, running Firefox 18, OS that's 11 years old and not having a credit/debit card?

Maybe I'll ask my brother to do it via PayPal, but does this work too?
It can work this way, no problem.
The most confusing part is actually creating two accounts, one for webshop and one for actual user area.
Unlinking user and customer accounts is a way to improve security and privacy but I assume it is potentially confusing. Actually, more details are required to create a customer account (in order to properly write invoices) but I didn't want these details to be linked to a more public user profile (which can be used to post messages in the forum, for example).
Sorry for the confusion and thanks again for your purchase!

Burillo wrote: Delfinoverde, how do you even exist in the modern world, running Firefox 18, OS that's 11 years old and not having a credit/debit card?
Sorry but that sounds very arrogant! :roll:
Do you imagine all people of this world living in super-wealthy countries?
BTW: What is maybe good for you doesn't have to be good for others.
...................................................................................................................................

Return to “Effects”