Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

My forth patch, a jazzy semi-acoustic guitar. I sent it through my DAW's clean electric guitar effects rack preset, sounds suprisingly realistic when played accordingly (velocity, pitch bend wheel, mod wheel, etc.) :D

https://app.box.com/s/86tc3xohmaa3s1bd8sgw

Grabbed it, vst foldered it, tested it.. Me like :D Me like a lot actually. Hope to see some of your synths when you're not an "amateur" anymore :tu:

As I promised, here is my continous contribution for this fabulous synth.
I have made a full bank (128 sounds) for a snowy, foggy sunday...have fun...

Kujashi OBXD Bank_Full.fxb

with greetings from the country-side in germany....

kujashi

Schiffbauer wrote:As I promised, here is my continous contribution for this fabulous synth.
I have made a full bank (128 sounds) for a snowy, foggy sunday...have fun...

Kujashi OBXD Bank_Full.fxb
Hi,

many thanks for your patches. I just updates the patches collection with all patches posted here so far and added your bank and the latest patch of Fluffy. Please tell if you don't want your patches to be included with this collection.
Now that i know how to do it the update took less than 15 minutes. Most of the following text is copied from the first version:

I have also created single patch files for all patches in bank files (created automatically with the Preset Manager in Tobybear MiniHost) and sorted all patches in banks in corresponding folders with the name of the sound designers.
Except the OB-Xa and Kujashi banks which are already full 128 patches i had sorted all patches into two new bank files (current total patch number : 390)

download link for the ZIP file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... 0v1.02.zip

This includes patches of Fernando, Breeze, albertodreams, Kujashi, Ingo Weidner (myself), Fluffy Little Something and EmGee (each with their own folder with bank and single patch files).
There is also a folder called "All single patches" which includes all patch files (390 at the moment).

The "root" folder contains 6 files:
- OBXD Init bank.fxb : Init bank
- OBXD Init patch.fxp : Init/default patch
- OB-Xa Patch Book.fxb : Fernando's bank with OB-Xa patches
- Kujashi-OBXD-Bank_Full : Jijashi's full 128 patches bank
- OBXD - KVR Community Bank - Part 1.fxb : First part of other patches sorted into a bank
- OBXD - KVR Community Bank - Part 2.fxb : Second part of other patches sorted into a bank

In the community Bank files the patches of each sound designer start with a default patch renamed with the name of teh sound designer (starting with "***").

Due to future updates the name of the ZIP file includes a version number (now v1.02).

Most patches have been done with an older version of OBXD than the new one. 2DaT has added the older version to the OP.

Hint:
For Strings sounds i recommend using a Chorus FX like e.g. the free TAL Chorus-LX. I have also checked Polsyix Ensemble (from Korg MDE-X plugin), ERS Dimsension D Chorus and the Schwa Oligarc Chorus which all deliver nice results too (while i like the Polysix one a lot).

Schiffbauer wrote: with greetings from the country-side in germany....

kujashi
Greetings from the nice and currently slightly snowy (and cold...) city of Hannover, germany... :)

Have fun,
Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Since I like efficiency, is there a shortage of certain instruments or types of sounds we should focus on? I mean, adding more patches similar to the ones already existing probably makes little sense...

fluffy_little_something wrote:Since I like efficiency, is there a shortage of certain instruments or types of sounds we should focus on? I mean, adding more patches similar to the ones already existing probably makes little sense...
I plan creating bank file with patches sorted by category but that will take a little time. Best source for that is the folder with a ll single patches (see my collection above). Pre-sorting could be done by the file names (e.g. parts like "Bass", Brass", Strings, "Piano", "Organ" etc.).

Anyway a rough guess is that all important categories are covered by at least a few patchs (and others with some more like e.g. Brass, Strings).
In the main catgeories like e.g. Pads, Leads and Bass possibilities seem to be almost endless.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

OK, good to know, haven't listened to those 300 or so patches, yet... 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:OK, good to know, haven't listened to those 300 or so patches, yet... 8)
Have alraedy sorted more than half of the around 390 patches (based on the patch names) into categories like Bass, Bells, Brass, Drums + Percussion, Keys (includes e.g. Piano, Organ, Harosi, Clavi etc.), Leads, Pads, Plucked, Strings and Synths.

Also found that my own patches were not copied correctly into the "all patches" folder (there were also some old versions, also with slightly different names) while the correct patches were included with my own folder and the bank files.

After sorting by names is don i'll have to sort the rest by checking the patches "manually" whci means by listening to them and sorting into folders then.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Gee, sounds like a lot of work, I hope 2Dat won't change sound parameters again and render your effort obsolete :P
I will do only one more patch, simply because I dislike the number 4 :hihi:

Ingonator wrote:[Also found that my own patches were not copied correctly into the "all patches" folder (there were also some old versions, also with slightly different names) while the correct patches were included with my own folder and the bank files.
Actually, Ingo, you used the older version of my patchset. I already have a second revision available under the same dropbox link (didn't change the archive name, but I did append "rev1" to the bank name and the readme in the archive). For the older dll, the second version is better.

But anyway, it doesn't really matter because the last Obxd.dll requires a new revision, 2DaT hasn't pronounced the synth done yet, and I'm still thinking of "rounding off" my bank to 128 patches. :)

@Ingo:
I like to name the presets the FXpansion way, which is to add two letters to the name in the beginning of the name to indicate what is the preset about (PD, BA, LD, EF, ...etc) this way sorting them Alphabetically would also sort them according to their type. I add my initials to the end of the name.
@FLS:
Make the 5th organ please! I didn't hear many in the presets.

Very nice and usable presets from all. I can't find something to add, but maybe some weird presets that would be like effects or something!

Breeze wrote:
Ingonator wrote:[Also found that my own patches were not copied correctly into the "all patches" folder (there were also some old versions, also with slightly different names) while the correct patches were included with my own folder and the bank files.
Actually, Ingo, you used the older version of my patchset. I already have a second revision available under the same dropbox link (didn't change the archive name, but I did append "rev1" to the bank name and the readme in the archive). For the older dll, the second version is better.

But anyway, it doesn't really matter because the last Obxd.dll requires a new revision, 2DaT hasn't pronounced the synth done yet, and I'm still thinking of "rounding off" my bank to 128 patches. :)
Hi, just updated the ZIP file in my post at this page and added a new version number to the ZIP file (v1.02). To your folder i added a sub-folder called "old" with the old bank file and created new single patch files for the new ones. The single patch files are needed to sort patches into new banks like i had done already and later also for creating banks sorted by category.

From the 390 patches around i already sorted around 240 into categories based on the patch names (So far most patches in Brass, Strings and Keys categories). Hopefully could sort a few more this way before i have to sort the rest by listening to them first.
The categories i found/used so far (minimum 5 patches for each) are: Bass, Bells, Brass, Drums + Percussion, Keys (incl. Organ, Piano, Harpsi, Clavi), Leads, Pads, Plucked (incl. Guitar, Sitar, Harp, etc.), SFXs, Strings, Synths, Vocal

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

:tu: This Synth will become a classic. this is sure.
in my opinion its better than some comercial plugins.

in the 80s i uses a real ob8 and compared the plugin with some old recordings, no notable differents :clap:
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

ZXOxo67 wrote::tu: This Synth will become a classic. this is sure.
in my opinion its better than some comercial plugins.

in the 80s i uses a real ob8 and compared the plugin with some old recordings, no notable differents :clap:
wow, really?
i own a matrix 1000, nowhere near an OBX hardware wise,
but OBXD matches or even exceeds the full body of it's sound :D

as someone already mentioned, OBXD is one hell of a
synth for an amature DSP programmers first synth! :hail: 2DAT!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

So is this the final version of the synth? I mean as far as features and gui.

Return to “Instruments”