What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Bridging vsti's with multiple outs

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

newluc
KVRist

45 posts since 13 May, 2004, from Italy

Postby newluc; Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:54 am Bridging vsti's with multiple outs

Good morning to all at KVR!
I am here to ask you if there is a bridge (64 bit host- 32 bit plugin vsti) that support multiple out, or there is a workaround to do this ( not multiple instance of the plugins).
My specific case is Sampletank. Work perfectly with Jbridge but the multiple outs....
Thanks to all
Luciano
vic_france
KVRist

377 posts since 16 Mar, 2002, from Paris

Postby vic_france; Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:08 am Re: Bridging vsti's with multiple outs

What are you using as a host?
Here, I am using Cubase 7.5, Mac (with jBridgeM, of course ;) ), and the multiple outs work just fine (so long as I activate them in the VSTi rack).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.
dsan@mail.com
KVRAF

1931 posts since 29 Sep, 2005

Postby dsan@mail.com; Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:54 am Re: Bridging vsti's with multiple outs

Greetings newluc,
Do you mean multi midi outs or audio outs?

Like vic_france, I use j-bridge (with ST2.5) and have no problems with multiple midi out (16 channels ); however, I only use audio out 1-2.

To use a different audio out you select this on the ST interface per channel.

Mine shows (across the top, L-R): Part (1-16), Channel, Solo, Mute, Instrument, ME (?), Empty, Poly, Pan, Volume, OUT, Level.

You drag the OUT up or down to select a set of audio stereo outs. I am able to select up to channels 31+32. Then, like vic_france said, you have to enable these channels in your host.

Same for MIDI channel out - drag the channel up or down to select.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

21123 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:08 am Re: Bridging vsti's with multiple outs

newluc wrote:Good morning to all at KVR!
I am here to ask you if there is a bridge (64 bit host- 32 bit plugin vsti) that support multiple out, or there is a workaround to do this ( not multiple instance of the plugins).
My specific case is Sampletank. Work perfectly with Jbridge but the multiple outs....
Thanks to all
Luciano

jBridge and SampleTank showing multiple outs correctly here in Bidule x64 on Win7
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
newluc
KVRist

Postby newluc; Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:04 am Re: Bridging vsti's with multiple outs

Hi all,
First thanks for the replay.
I am talking of audio out, i am on cubase 7.5.
Think I must control better my setup, specially the parts regarding how to enable the outpus from host.
I have done this with kontakt, but never with Sampletank.
Thanks
I'll try and post my progress.
Luciano
dsan@mail.com
KVRAF

1931 posts since 29 Sep, 2005

Postby dsan@mail.com; Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:21 am Re: Bridging vsti's with multiple outs

It's the same principal in one vst to another, that supports multi outs. If you got it working in Kontakt you will be able to do the same in ST.

Let us know if you need more help, newluc.

Good luck!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram
newluc
KVRist

Postby newluc; Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:41 am Re: Bridging vsti's with multiple outs

Hi all,
Solved!
Here is the Path!
Open Cubase, open Sampletank, set the number of outputs. At this time the multiple outs indicator in the instruments rack is greyed.
Close Sampletank, reopen Sampletank, here are the outputs!
Jbridge probably needs to see the outs before it load the plugins.
Thanks to all!
Luciano :harp:

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments