---

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gadget

This thing is really easy to get stuff going in. Gadgets are great. Since they plan on definitely adding more gadgets, keep crying about no sampler. They'll probably put one in in a gadget update.

We want a sampler!

Although it's plenty cool without one.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

The product description says there's "a roadmap for future updates that will add new gadgets and support audio tracks, further perfecting the system as a mobile music production studio." So I'm guessing audio support means importing/exporting. Sounds good to me!
Boo-YAH

I bought this item for a bit of fun really - doesn't take long to become quite addictive.

I think the sounds are Ok. I need to plug it through my daw to get a bigger sense of quality.

The summing of the audio sounds a bit meh...

mooninjune wrote:I think the sounds are Ok. I need to plug it through my daw to get a bigger sense of quality.

The summing of the audio sounds a bit meh...
This is the angle I'm really curious about. If you get the chance, please do follow up on this and give us your impressions. TIA!

just saw this on PH forum

it seems new modules and synths are on the way :

Monopoly
M01
Kansas
Fatline

and also a channel strip

As it is Gadget is already an amazing app :
it sounds good, offers many synth options and the sequencer is very functionnal (full automation of every parameter is a very good point), it works like a charm with my nanokey, even the freeze function is a brilliant idea.

if they add audio tracks with audio copy, a sampler, audiobus and inter audio app + insert fx-channel strip per channel it would be the best music app on ios imho.
Win 11, UAD Octo satellite usb, Yamaha AG06 mk2, IK multimedia iLoud MTM x2, Ableton Live 11, Push 2, Reason 12, NI Komplete.

damnit, I was hoping for a standalone m1+sequencer but if they are putting M1 in this then thats not likely to happen anymore :/

Anyone know how to clear recorded automation?

My view on this app is it can be useful as a notepad/sketch for ideas.

The note/chord thing is marvellous.

I can imagine really initiative live sets from scratch using this.

Though it does remind me of music apps from a play station some years ago.

Anyone know where the audio is exported to? I can't see it for iOS's lack of file manager and I don't want to run stems up to Soundcloud as it'll compress them.

Also I knocked up some Sasha / Digweed Northern Exposure-esque number in a couple of hours on it, seems good for a first go - http://bit.ly/korggadget . Automating the mixer is a dog though, with no way to edit it.

Look forward to the M(0)1 and the Mono Poly, though I suspect they may be IAPs. Channel strip will be a bonus, if only for EQ.

gunark wrote:Anyone know where the audio is exported to? I can't see it for iOS's lack of file manager and I don't want to run stems up to Soundcloud as it'll compress them.

Look forward to the M(0)1 and the Mono Poly, though I suspect they may be IAPs.
Get Audioshare.

Considering the regular price of Gadget is set at almost $40, Korg better not pull any in-app purchases.

bunnywrench wrote: Get Audioshare.
I did the Dropbox export in the end, relatively simple and goes up as WAVs. Stems would be much more appreciated though.

Considering the regular price of Gadget is set at almost $40, Korg better not pull any in-app purchases.
I actually think it's a wee bit under-priced, and the sale price is a no-brainer.

The way I look at it, I almost owe Korg $11, and I'll definitely be supporting this wonderful, gorgeous app with more of my $$$.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

What is Gadget's sequencer like and how does it compare to Caustic 3? I really like the workflow of Caustic 3's step sequencer like piano roll. In contrast, I never got on well with Genome or steppolyarp.

gunark wrote:
I did the Dropbox export in the end, relatively simple and goes up as WAVs. Stems would be much more appreciated though.
Audioshare supports transferring to and from Dropbox as well. You can also convert file formats, edit, organize into folders, route effects...etc. Indispensable to me for producing on iOS.

9headshydra wrote:Image

just saw this on PH forum

it seems new modules and synths are on the way :

Monopoly
M01
Kansas
Fatline

and also a channel strip

As it is Gadget is already an amazing app :
it sounds good, offers many synth options and the sequencer is very functionnal (full automation of every parameter is a very good point), it works like a charm with my nanokey, even the freeze function is a brilliant idea.

if they add audio tracks with audio copy, a sampler, audiobus and inter audio app + insert fx-channel strip per channel it would be the best music app on ios imho.
I heard another gadget hinted at in the source file is one called Bristol. That has got to be a sampler. Here's hoping it's a take on Akai rackmount/MPC samplers.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”