How he does this "bassline"??

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, Im new in here. Im here to learn more about music production as this is the best forum about music that I have found till now. I mean I have been following this forum and you people really try to help us, noobs in music production. And I really appreciate that.

So I try to see as many video tutorials as I can and to search all over the internet to learn more and more... Im trying too to remake some songs, because I think that like that I can get some basis knowledge so I can start making my own music!

Oh by the way... I f*ckin love music production. It just gets me out of control, in the good way! : )

So I want to know if somebody can tell me how I can do this kind of "bassline" that goes in this track in the beginning and goes filtering out I think... because Im trying to do the same but its impossible in the same time as the original track, because it looks like 6 notes and if I try to put 6 notes between four kicks beat the "bassline" plays really fast like a tetris game sound. Is it pitch bending with 2 notes??

Im working with Ableton and Sylenth

Here is the track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLoUH6LN9lk

Thanks for your time guys

Sorry about my really bad english, Im not english but Im working on it!

Anybody who can help me please? : ) thanks for your time

ykw wrote:because Im trying to do the same but its impossible in the same time as the original track, because it looks like 6 notes and if I try to put 6 notes between four kicks beat the "bassline" plays really fast like a tetris game sound!
I think you're basically right with the six notes, but the trick is to set the grid in your DAW to triplets (quarter triplets to be exact).

Sounds like this then:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/120 ... iplets.mp3

(quickly hacked together, just to get the basic rhythmic idea across)

Then yes, the 1st note is probably also pitchbend I'd say, and then you're more or less there I think.

Many thanks my friend! Im going to try now : )

uhmm I tried to do what you said but Im not getting the same result : / Im gonna post in here to u to listen

How do you do that rhythmic effect? like its on movement... mine looks so static? it has something to o with the groove pool?

What DAW are you using ?

HAHAAAA I did it! thanks a lot! It was missing some release! to do that "jumping" effect

Im using Ableton : )

Now I have to figure it out how to make that texture!

Cool you got it going ! :)

Im gonna post see what you think.. its ok?

The forum doesn't accept mp3 files? how did you put that audio link?

ykw wrote:Im gonna post see what you think.. its ok?
Sure, I'm interested what you came up with.
The forum doesn't accept mp3 files? how did you put that audio link?
I just put it there, linking to my dropbox folder :D
I don't know really, sorry...

Return to “Sound Design”