Upgrade to Cubase Elements 7?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got the Ai7. Is it worth it?

IMO, No!

It is better to jump into the Artist or Full upgrade if you are into Cubase.
There are no step sequencer, no midi effects and no sidechain in Elements (and no quick controls i think but not sure). I have version 6, but I demoed version 7 and didn't upgrade because only few things are different (full length mixer and Chord track) which are not that necessary for me.

But to be sure, it is better to demo it. There is 30 days trial which is fully functional. You might find it more than enough for your needs :-)

I'm gonna jump in here as I am considering Elements 7. Engee, do you know if it is possible to sequence external midi hardware in this software. I am planning on trying the demo but would love to find this out first!
Thanks

I'm sorry I don't know really for sure. I'm using only the mpk mini as midi keys/controller. Well, sometimes I like to experiment with my game pad to use it with Reaper as joystick/mod wheel ..etc.

What external midi hardware do you have? Maybe another member can help you with that. But IMO you better download the demo and see for yourself.

I have an Alesis Micron, Moog Minotaur etc. I want to be able to sequence the notes and automate parameters and then record the results to audio.
Will defo try out the demo but if anyone can confirm if this is possible it could save me an unnecessary download etc.
Thanks
Dan

The demo also acts as full version. So the concertn to download anything twice is unadjusted.

Both AI/LE and Elements can communicate with hardware. I recently installed it in a youth club studio. Even though the hardware is communicating through USB, the protocols respond accordngly.

If you only need a lightweight host, no special features of Cubase (like more advanced Chord Track or the new Instrument Track 2.0) - then the upgrade from LE/AI to Elements is totally okay. Keep in mind, Elements can not(!) be updated to 7.5 as there is no 7.5 Elements version.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Thanks for all help. I think I need maybe to look into the other Cubase.

Lowest common ground if you're interested in 7.5: Artist.

Else... if you got AI/LE from a mag or as hardware bundle, and you can upgrade for cheap - do so. Upgrading to a higher version is way better possible. And if you don't need all the fancy tools - the "lowest Cubase" that has 8 inserts per channel and 16 instrument slots is more than fine.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”