He's baaaaack...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Numanoid wrote:This is the E-mail I have received twice now:
Are you a PFL customer?
PFL or not, I am at least on his mailinglist :D

I thought maybe those who entered into the closing sale got entered into PFL as he included everything in it, but I will not go bananas if not ;)
If you didnt buy the PFL package then you're not a PFL customer, so you are being offered a 70% discount. What's the problem?

In the closing post, he says that PFL customers still can access their PFL accounts:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=373790

If that is still operational, maybe those with PFL membership should check that to see if Enchoir XT is added?

thecontrolcentre wrote:If you didnt buy the PFL package then you're not a PFL customer, so you are being offered a 70% discount. What's the problem?
I think the right question to ask would be what your problem is?

I didn't say anything about any problem, I just posted the E-mail I got.

Still puzzled by the release of a new x32 plug (for $39.99). I would think that a new 2014 release would have to be x64.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Numanoid wrote:I thought maybe those who entered into the closing sale got entered into PFL as he included everything in it, but I will not go bananas if not ;)
Nope. I bought everything at the closing sale, too, but I'm not a PFL customer...

I don't need Enchoir XT, either... But I understand that he needs some money, who does not?

Numanoid wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:If you didnt buy the PFL package then you're not a PFL customer, so you are being offered a 70% discount. What's the problem?
I think the right question to ask would be what your problem is?

I didn't say anything about any problem, I just posted the E-mail I got.
No problem here.
I thought you posted the email because you had an issue. I must have meen mistaken. My apologies.

BERFAB wrote:Still puzzled by the release of a new x32 plug (for $39.99). I would think that a new 2014 release would have to be x64.
SE?

thecontrolcentre wrote:
BERFAB wrote:Still puzzled by the release of a new x32 plug (for $39.99). I would think that a new 2014 release would have to be x64.
SE?
No, I get that it's probably an SE creation. What I DON'T get is how you can, with a straight face, in 2014, release a COMMERCIAL plug that is x32 only.
Berfab

BERFAB wrote:No, I get that it's probably an SE creation. What I DON'T get is how you can, with a straight face, in 2014, release a COMMERCIAL plug that is x32 only.
If it, like most VST's needs less than 4GB RAM to operate, I don't see no problem with that

Ableton for example in fact recommend 32 bit for most uses: https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/64bit-myths-facts/

Today I have received a new E-mail from the artist formerly known as Prodyon, that Shortnoise for Kontakt soon is ready for launch (March 15) and can be pre-ordered for $15

"Shortnoise will be released to the masses on the 15th of March 2014. It will retail for $100 USD.
Previous Plugin-For-Life!-customers will find it for download in their private PFL-Area."

Hm. $100 retail, $15 preorder. Maybe he has the same marketing guy as Cryosonic?

Numanoid wrote:Today I have received a new E-mail from the artist formerly known as Prodyon, that Shortnoise for Kontakt soon is ready for launch (March 15) and can be pre-ordered for $15

"Shortnoise will be released to the masses on the 15th of March 2014. It will retail for $100 USD.
Previous Plugin-For-Life!-customers will find it for download in their private PFL-Area."
Pleased to see that Dennis is now including PFL customers with his new creations. I just checked my PFL account, and the XT version of Enchoir is already in there, along with a placeholder for the upcoming Shortnoise.

I wish that the new .vst plugs (Shortnoise works through Kontakt, so it is x64 ) were x64 and not just x32, but that's the dev's choice. Props for continuing to honor PFL.

Cheers
-B
Berfab

Well, he's certainly back. Been getting lot's of spam recently.

I guess I'm not angry (yet) because I got all his stuff from the closing sale. Had never heard about Prodyne before so it was kind of impulse buy. Easily the best 15$ I have ever spent on music softwares. The SFZ/SF2 stuff is eminently re-usable in Dimension Pro and Directwave for making new sounds and Phenome is a great soundfont player for layering synths and stuff.
No signature here!

Offering PFL is the killing act of any company. It's the kind of thing you do when you never want to be back in the plugin and sound business again. But he seems quite ambivalent about pulling the plug on Prodyon. In any case, PFL = killing your business for life offer.

All the stuff that I read here makes me very sceptical. I don't think repeated close down and reopening is good business conduct. So personally, I would rather not buy anything.

@Numanoid: nowadays people use 64 bit hosts and they need 64 bit plugs to have a stable and well performing system. Bridging plugins nearly always gives you problems.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”