Any orchestral sounds in Cubase 7.5 ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there!
I'm willing to buy Cubase 7.5 but are there any orchestral sounds in there, in HALion Sonic SE 2 maybe? I can't find any list of patches or anything about it. Please guys let me know, if I buy it I won't have money for orchestral VST as they are usually quite expensive when you want a quality one.
Kinda sux we can't demo this damn daw... >.>

There are some sounds in Halion Sonic SE, but nothing to take serious. GM sh*t if you know what I mean (speaking for Cubase 7 here, not 7.5).

ssl4000 wrote:Kinda sux we can't demo this damn daw... >.>
Not quite true. It's not Cubase 7.5 or Cubase 7.5 Artist, but you can test Cubase 7 Elements:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/trial.html
ssl4000 wrote:I'm willing to buy Cubase 7.5 but are there any orchestral sounds in there, in HALion Sonic SE 2 maybe? I can't find any list of patches or anything about it. Please guys let me know, if I buy it I won't have money for orchestral VST as they are usually quite expensive when you want a quality one.
The bundled Halion Sonic SE content is "demo" material at best. It's not as serious (IMO) compared to the VSL Opus 1 set that is still part of Kontakt (since Kontakt 2 IIRC).

Cubase once came bundled with a Halion Symphonic Orchestra demo. But I don't even find an purchase link on the Steinberg page anymore (only through Google).

Then again... plenty of fish in the sea. Don't make a purchase dependent on "bundled orchestra sounds", if third party Kontakt sets are basically thrown at you for mere pocket money.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Yeah, I know I shouldn't judge daw by its orchestral capabilities ^^ Just wanted to know, thx guys ;)

Hi,

Not much orchestral sounds come with Cubase 7.5, very limited in that area.

I'm hoping Steinberg will release Halion Symphonic Orchestra 2. Since they discontinued Halion Symph. Orchestra 1. So far nothing has been officially announced regarding HSO2. But that would be a very useful library to have in Cubase 7.5, it won't be free, but still a great tool for orchestral writing, but then again... it does not exist at this time.

Your best option is to use other libraries from Orchestral developers, they are mostly in Kontakt format these days). or look into EW Symph. Orchestra Gold (PLAY) format.

Bottom line : You will have to spend some $$$ for orchestral libraries, Cubase 7.5 will not satisfy your needs when it comes to orchestral sounds.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Ik mirislov philharmonic is an incredible value for the money.

It might be an error to consider a DAW based on the sounds and instruments that come bundled with it.

Yes, I agree. It is an error to do that !

You guys said it first and I couldn't agree more...buy a DAW based on what you need it for and what it will do. Add sounds and libraries separate from that.

You will find yourself buying many other libraries instead of using the included sounds.....budget permitting of course.

I have the HSO package from C6 and TBH - not impressed when compared to the likes of the Kontakt offerings out there. It is adequate and will suffice in a pinch but just isn't a good value for what it costs and what it is.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Let me know if your still in the market. I have Cubase Artist 7.5 that i am selling, unregistered, box and all, i'll let it go for $160

518ent@gmail.com

Siedlaczek, Miroslav and Steinberg HSO (to a certain extend even EWQL Silver and Garritan Orchestra) have one major issue:
They are old and to a lot of people - outdated.

Doesn't mean that you can't get stuff down with it. But nowadays there are a ton of sample sets for similar (if not lower) money that sound just as good (if not way better), and are also better to control.

Again - don't get a host because of the bundled content. Get it because you feel comfortable with it.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I know it guys, I don't judge host by its library and bundled content, I said it earlier ;) Just wanted to know :) pce

Tell you what... Cubase 7.5 will definitely be available until at least October 2014 (maybe then, C8 will be announced - it's within their cycle).

Download the Cubase AI/LE/Elements Demo (yes, that is the same image), or get a magazine where AI/LE is bundled (15EUR, but you only have Cubase 7, 4 inserts, no Instrument Track 2.0 - the latter is 7.5 exclusive). Test Cubase if it really suits your needs workflow wise. For this, Elements is more than fine. Artist and Full only have some more advanced features, more plugins and less restrictions in terms of channel count and instrument rack.

If you are sure to get Cubase, but can live with what you have from Elements - stick with Elements. Or go at least Artist (which is the only chance to get 7.5, since it's bound to Artist and Full).

If some funds are left over, or you have Kontakt already, you can then find ton of content for free or low budget. Heck, I recently rediscovered my old SF2's (Orchstra Patches) with CWItec's TW16x sampler!

Think outside the box. Unless you need "uber-realistic" orchestra samples. Then, serious money needs to be involved.

Sorry that I can't give any more recommendations. But I'm happy that there is at least some sort of demo, compared to "no demo" back in the days I first got into Steinberg Cubase.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”