What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

How much would you pay for a dual delay with cross-feedback?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

WOK
KVRAF

1896 posts since 24 Feb, 2004, from Germany

Postby WOK; Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:20 pm How much would you pay for a dual delay with cross-feedback?

(and collecting feature-suggestions)

In the past I had an experiment already with a "pay what you want" plugin. The result was fairly mediocre, as between some fair payments there where many 0,10€ or 0,20€ payments...    :?

So this time the other way round: let me ask before to get a guess what you would be willing to pay for this:      :wink:

A delay plugin (host synced) with LP and HP filter. Main feature is the cross-feedback path to send one delays output into the input of the other and vice versa.
Results could be a real ping pong delay (open input 1 only and the x-feed to 2, pan left and right) or complete odd rhythmical echoes. With the integrated limiter in the feedback path and the filters it can also sound like a distorted tape delay...

Last edited by WOK on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8269 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:29 pm Re: How much would you pay for a dual delay with cross-feedb

Is it different from TwinDelay (which has cross-feedback, too)?

WOK
KVRAF

Postby WOK; Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:34 pm Re: How much would you pay for a dual delay with cross-feedb

Tricky-Loops wrote:Is it different from TwinDelay (which has cross-feedback, too)?

Did not test this. But mine has more options for the inputs, pan and seperate crossfeed dials.
ImageImage
Constructed Identity
KVRist

44 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Postby Constructed Identity; Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:11 pm Re: How much would you pay for a dual delay with cross-feedb

Is it 64bit?
spirit
KVRist

484 posts since 12 Apr, 2002, from Terra Australis

Postby spirit; Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:04 pm Re: How much would you pay for a dual delay with cross-feedb

When it's host synced can you still move the tempo knobs so it's very slightly off-tempo (but still basically synced)?
afreshcupofjoe
KVRAF

1832 posts since 17 Jan, 2006, from Portland, OR

Postby afreshcupofjoe; Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:19 pm Re: How much would you pay for a dual delay with cross-feedb

Five thousand dollars.
"The Juno 60 was often incorrectly referred to as a synth. It is, in fact, a chorus unit with a synth attached." -PAK
Aloysius
KVRAF

10596 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from Alto Icon

Postby Aloysius; Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:41 pm Re: How much would you pay for a dual delay with cross-feedb

-50 EUR
I feel like Buddha Holly
bbaggins
KVRian

560 posts since 25 Sep, 2010

Postby bbaggins; Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:53 am Re: How much would you pay for a dual delay with cross-feedb

I like the clear and simple layout, but would not be interested in purchasing this delay simply because I already have several plugins that provide the same functionality.

But add modulation and ducking while keeping the elegant UI and you'd have something I'd happily pay $50 for.
WOK
KVRAF

Postby WOK; Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:34 pm Re: How much would you pay for a dual delay with cross-feedb

spirit wrote:When it's host synced can you still move the tempo knobs so it's very slightly off-tempo (but still basically synced)?

This, or two small seperate "fine" knobs.
But add modulation and ducking while keeping the elegant UI and you'd have something I'd happily pay $50 for.

Maybe the simple version will be free and that would be an enhanced commercial one....
ImageImage
metalifuxx
KVRAF

2161 posts since 22 Mar, 2005, from Detroit

Postby metalifuxx; Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:00 pm Re: How much would you pay for a dual delay with cross-feedb

free Variety of Sound (Bootsy) Nasty DLA
has a cross feedback option

Still one of my favorite delays (free or commercial)
Agreed
KVRian

1137 posts since 2 Mar, 2009, from Crossett, Arkansas, USA

Postby Agreed; Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:23 pm Re: How much would you pay for a dual delay with cross-feedb

Yeah, unless it can demolish the featureset of that freebie I wouldn't be willing to pay for it. However, I do understand that not all hosts are 32-bit Windows or can be bridged to be compatible, so I'm sure there are some who would be willing to pay. I just seem to have an excellent glut of delays, ranging from clean to dirty, from tap to faithful emus of the original behaviors, from major and smaller software companies (and plenty of freeware too). It's hard to get me excited about a new/aNOTHER delay plugin, especially when I can't see the differentiating features off the top of my head. So, right now, suggested price I would pay is $0 :-/

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects