Nebula v. Q Clone

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

I currently own Nebula, but see that Q Clone is on sale for $49 for the next 3 days. Is it worth buying Q Clone if I already have Nebula? Will Q Clone do anything that Nebula cannot? For example, is it less resource intensive? Are more hardware units available for Q Clone? Does Q Clone sound better than Nebula?

All opinions are welcomed and valued.

Thanks!

From what i know Waves Q Clone is curve emulator , Nebua is convolution with real saturation dynamics (Mojo) it could be useful plugin if u have favourite expensive eqs to emulate their curves and then find mojo series from henry olonga and get very close to hardware if not better :) !

I think Q-clone is equal to static Impulse Response. Nebula is Dynamic and captures time variations and harmonics.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Thank you. It sounds like there isn't really any benefit to having Q Clone if I already have Nebula, then?

If you use Q-Clone to using with outboard gear,why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZmesSVOH4s

What if I don't have any outboard gear, though? Do the included presets, together with those that might be available on the internet and through Henry Olonga (for example) make it worth getting in addition to Nebula, or does Nebula basically do all of this already?

bharris22 wrote:What if I don't have any outboard gear, though? Do the included presets, together with those that might be available on the internet and through Henry Olonga (for example) make it worth getting in addition to Nebula, or does Nebula basically do all of this already?
If you don't have any outboard gear,it's unnecessary.Cause it's hard to use plugin.There is knob or something like this.You have to spend time.Not practical.It's just simulating curves and you can do it with any digital eq.But you can use it on any channel with only one outboard gear.It's really practical.

This is my thought.Maybe you need it,i don't know.

Thanks, BA. That is my thinking, too. If Nebula is dynamic, and can be adjusted in real-time while also capturing the harmonics of the gear, it seems like it is more effective/comprehensive than Q Clone.

Nebula is the ultimate coloring toolbox. Its especially good for fixed presets and outboard that doesn't require any adjustment (mic pres, Desks, fixed EQ curves, spring and plate reverbs).

It begins to show its weakness when you want to start tweaking parameters or use multiple EQ bands.

multiple eq bands are on the way... We'll rekease our first multiband acqua plug at the end of january. Nebula4 will feature that directly

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:multiple eq bands are on the way... We'll rekease our first multiband acqua plug at the end of january. Nebula4 will feature that directly
Giancarlo, glad you're here. I was wondering if there was a difference in the library between nebula 2 and 3. I own 2 and was thinking about upgrading. I see the differences in some of the functions, but I am not clear on the library itself.

3 pro is better cause the sampled envelope follower (compressors). Library is the same. 2 and 3 are the same thing

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:3 pro is better cause the sampled envelope follower (compressors). Library is the same. 2 and 3 are the same thing

Thank you for the very quick and helpful reply.

I really like seeing Nebula programs like this
http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/classic-phasers/

Zaphod, does Nebula's envelope follower benefit any effect type besides compression?

also preamps, sure

Return to “Effects”