The Uroboros Dance

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... nce-by-vsp

The Uroboros Dance is another experiment in sound design as part of the song writing process.
The sound and overall tonal characteristics are as much the song as the structure.
Here the harmonics of the vocals are re-structured, creating a delicate robotic but emotional quality.
Mmm, emotional robots.... :)

Real lovely tune :)

In my opinion the vocals are just perfect.
I also liked the guitar like solo/melody.

Only thing I noticed is the break at 2.00
The transition seemed a little sudden.

Well done :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Isn't it Ouroboros? And spelled like 'Uroboros,' isn't there already a well-known Japanese metal album by that name? Haha, thanks Google.

Very trippy. Those vocals, are they... reversed? Or are they not English?

JJ.

I would call this experiment a major success. That vocal effect is terrific. I really like all of the other sounds on here too. The rhythmic synth underlying the vocal is very good as is the synth playing the lead lines, and the percussion.I would echo sbj's comment about the break being a little jarring. Maybe it's because you are introducing a new sound and a new melodic idea at the same time with nothing to tie it into what has come before. The "drop" at 2:29 sounds much better. This is only a minor niggle in what is a very entrancing and enjoyable piece of music, whose melodies I also found very satisfying.

Good work :)

sbj wrote:Real lovely tune :)

In my opinion the vocals are just perfect.
I also liked the guitar like solo/melody.

Only thing I noticed is the break at 2.00
The transition seemed a little sudden.

Well done :tu:
Yea, that break was the cause of a couple/few re-mixes.
It seemed more abrupt when the section started at equal volume from the previous section.
What I ended up doing was building the part, instrument by instrument.
It still seems somewhat abrupt but its one of those things where you either drop the tune completely, or live with it and hope it works.
Perhaps it sounds smoother on additional plays, at least that's my hope.

Thanks for the useful and positive feedback. :)

I agree with others that this a lovely tune. Peaceful. Mysterious. Just love the section beginning about 1:30.

joejohnstun wrote:Isn't it Ouroboros? And spelled like 'Uroboros,' isn't there already a well-known Japanese metal album by that name? Haha, thanks Google.

Very trippy. Those vocals, are they... reversed? Or are they not English?

JJ.
Its actually spelled both ways said Mr. Science.
A Japanese band, theres probably at least 100 bands with that name.

Real vocals, not reversed, Japanese (just kidding).
Pig Latin...

Anyway, really, thanks for the response. :)

seismic1 wrote:I would call this experiment a major success. That vocal effect is terrific. I really like all of the other sounds on here too. The rhythmic synth underlying the vocal is very good as is the synth playing the lead lines, and the percussion.I would echo sbj's comment about the break being a little jarring. Maybe it's because you are introducing a new sound and a new melodic idea at the same time with nothing to tie it into what has come before. The "drop" at 2:29 sounds much better. This is only a minor niggle in what is a very entrancing and enjoyable piece of music, whose melodies I also found very satisfying.

Good work :)

Thanks for the thought provoking and useful feedback.
Very useful!

ecamburn wrote:I agree with others that this a lovely tune. Peaceful. Mysterious. Just love the section beginning about 1:30.
Thanks sir,

Your feedback as well as the others means much to me.
Its always good to get some support from musical comrades. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”