What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
33782 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:21 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

ThomasHelzle wrote:Yeah, it's like with any tool. There's a reason why hammers are separated from screwdrivers ;-)

Cheers,

Tom



youve obviously never been to birmingham. ;)
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
 
8149 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:23 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

ThomasHelzle wrote:Yeah, it's like with any tool. There's a reason why hammers are separated from screwdrivers ;-)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqvXK2FSLC8

Another one:
http://theawesomer.com/hammer-screwdriver-tool/155766/

:o :wink:
Waldorf Beta Forum Manager
"Atmospheric Transients" for PPG Wave 3.V
"Analog vs Digital" for Blofeld
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Cubase 7.5 / Studio One / Reaper / Pro Tools // Blofeld / Pulse 2 / many plugins
User avatar
Suloo
KVRian
 
1326 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from The Outer Rim

Postby Suloo; Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:43 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

Would buy BWS probaply already just for the arranger+clip combination..the arranger in live is just so uglyl imo.. :hihi:
Bitwig Scripts: liine Lemur |Cakewalk A-300 Pro ~~ u-he Patches: Zebra - Nano Source
virtualmark
KVRist
 
231 posts since 22 Aug, 2011

Postby virtualmark; Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:46 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

Sorry but that's nonsense, they could easily make this DAW near perfect. Crossfades, sidechaining etc could all be added in afterwards. There's no reason that this DAW won't become one of the best around.

I don't think it's too much to ask to use just one DAW for everything I do.
User avatar
Suloo
KVRian
 
1326 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from The Outer Rim

Postby Suloo; Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:48 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

virtualmark wrote:Sorry but that's nonsense, they could easily make this DAW near perfect. Crossfades, sidechaining etc could all be added in afterwards. There's no reason that this DAW won't become one of the best around.

I don't think it's too much to ask to use just one DAW for everything I do.


this will most likely happen, still, there will always be this or that, that somebody claims is missing, where others think its not neccessary..btw sidechain is already possible..just not the way everybody is used to right now..
Bitwig Scripts: liine Lemur |Cakewalk A-300 Pro ~~ u-he Patches: Zebra - Nano Source
pdxindy
KVRAF
 
8872 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:07 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

virtualmark wrote:Sorry but that's nonsense, they could easily make this DAW near perfect. Crossfades, sidechaining etc could all be added in afterwards. There's no reason that this DAW won't become one of the best around.

I don't think it's too much to ask to use just one DAW for everything I do.


You can already do sidechaining... and with anything, not just a compressor

One of the best is very different for different people. Some people absolutely need notation. I doubt Live or Bitwig will ever add it.
User avatar
lesha
KVRist
 
387 posts since 17 Feb, 2005, from Serbia

Postby lesha; Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:38 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

Seems there is sidechain after all.
It's easy if you know how
ThomasHelzle
KVRAF
 
2930 posts since 9 Dec, 2008, from Berlin

Postby ThomasHelzle; Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:52 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

For factory devices like the Dynamics there is sidechaining, yes.
Just not for VSTs (yet).

Cheers,

Tom
pdxindy
KVRAF
 
8872 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:18 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

ThomasHelzle wrote:For factory devices like the Dynamics there is sidechaining, yes.
Just not for VSTs (yet).

Cheers,

Tom


You cannot use the sidechain function that is built into a VST

However, with the Envelope Follower you can sidechain any parameter of any VST.
User avatar
Ogopogo
KVRian
 
1467 posts since 1 Oct, 2013

Postby Ogopogo; Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:21 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

That's kind of a second rate option in some cases, isn't it? I mean when you sidechain into a compressor you get the action/sound of that compressor on the gain reduction, but if you modulate gain with the envelope follower then you get the envelope follower's characteristics.
pdxindy
KVRAF
 
8872 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:49 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

Ogopogo wrote:That's kind of a second rate option in some cases, isn't it? I mean when you sidechain into a compressor you get the action/sound of that compressor on the gain reduction, but if you modulate gain with the envelope follower then you get the envelope follower's characteristics.


Sure, it will behave in its own way... and no doubt some people particularly like the behavior of the envelope in their favorite compressor...

Nevertheless, you can do it... and not just with compression, but filters, eq's and compressors that do not have a built-in sidechain function.
virtualmark
KVRist
 
231 posts since 22 Aug, 2011

Postby virtualmark; Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:04 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

pdxindy wrote:You cannot use the sidechain function that is built into a VST

However, with the Envelope Follower you can sidechain any parameter of any VST.


That's not the same thing at all!


Good to see it's available for built in devices, that should be enough for now as long as the stock compressor is ok.
pdxindy
KVRAF
 
8872 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:44 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

virtualmark wrote:
pdxindy wrote:You cannot use the sidechain function that is built into a VST

However, with the Envelope Follower you can sidechain any parameter of any VST.


That's not the same thing at all!


Sure it is...
User avatar
Ogopogo
KVRian
 
1467 posts since 1 Oct, 2013

Postby Ogopogo; Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:53 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

pdxindy wrote:Nevertheless, you can do it... and not just with compression, but filters, eq's and compressors that do not have a built-in sidechain function.
Well I would say no. If you can't get the sound of your favorite plug, then you're not really using that plug. Your just routing to a gain knob, right? Filters and eqs are a different story than compression though.
siriusbliss
KVRAF
 
2372 posts since 5 Dec, 2005, from Bay Area, USA

Postby siriusbliss; Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:25 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

How's the MIDI freeze?
How about aux sends and sub-bus?

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)