The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

ThomasHelzle wrote:Yeah, it's like with any tool. There's a reason why hammers are separated from screwdrivers ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

youve obviously never been to birmingham. ;)

ThomasHelzle wrote:Yeah, it's like with any tool. There's a reason why hammers are separated from screwdrivers ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqvXK2FSLC8

Another one:
http://theawesomer.com/hammer-screwdriver-tool/155766/

:o :wink:
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Would buy BWS probaply already just for the arranger+clip combination..the arranger in live is just so uglyl imo.. :hihi:

Sorry but that's nonsense, they could easily make this DAW near perfect. Crossfades, sidechaining etc could all be added in afterwards. There's no reason that this DAW won't become one of the best around.

I don't think it's too much to ask to use just one DAW for everything I do.

virtualmark wrote:Sorry but that's nonsense, they could easily make this DAW near perfect. Crossfades, sidechaining etc could all be added in afterwards. There's no reason that this DAW won't become one of the best around.

this will most likely happen, still, there will always be this or that, that somebody claims is missing, where others think its not neccessary..btw sidechain is already possible..just not the way everybody is used to right now..

virtualmark wrote:Sorry but that's nonsense, they could easily make this DAW near perfect. Crossfades, sidechaining etc could all be added in afterwards. There's no reason that this DAW won't become one of the best around.

You can already do sidechaining... and with anything, not just a compressor

One of the best is very different for different people. Some people absolutely need notation. I doubt Live or Bitwig will ever add it.

Seems there is sidechain after all.
It's easy if you know how

For factory devices like the Dynamics there is sidechaining, yes.
Just not for VSTs (yet).

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:For factory devices like the Dynamics there is sidechaining, yes.
Just not for VSTs (yet).

Cheers,

Tom
You cannot use the sidechain function that is built into a VST

However, with the Envelope Follower you can sidechain any parameter of any VST.

That's kind of a second rate option in some cases, isn't it? I mean when you sidechain into a compressor you get the action/sound of that compressor on the gain reduction, but if you modulate gain with the envelope follower then you get the envelope follower's characteristics.

Ogopogo wrote:That's kind of a second rate option in some cases, isn't it? I mean when you sidechain into a compressor you get the action/sound of that compressor on the gain reduction, but if you modulate gain with the envelope follower then you get the envelope follower's characteristics.
Sure, it will behave in its own way... and no doubt some people particularly like the behavior of the envelope in their favorite compressor...

Nevertheless, you can do it... and not just with compression, but filters, eq's and compressors that do not have a built-in sidechain function.

pdxindy wrote:You cannot use the sidechain function that is built into a VST

That's not the same thing at all!

Good to see it's available for built in devices, that should be enough for now as long as the stock compressor is ok.

virtualmark wrote:
pdxindy wrote:You cannot use the sidechain function that is built into a VST

That's not the same thing at all!
Sure it is...

pdxindy wrote:Nevertheless, you can do it... and not just with compression, but filters, eq's and compressors that do not have a built-in sidechain function.
Well I would say no. If you can't get the sound of your favorite plug, then you're not really using that plug. Your just routing to a gain knob, right? Filters and eqs are a different story than compression though.

How's the MIDI freeze?
How about aux sends and sub-bus?

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”