Tracktion 5 now available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

grymmjack wrote:I tried the demo. I'm on PC. I'm oldschool Tracktion user since v2.

In my test, 1st note bug is indeed fixed. That's great!

Except, now it looks like they took away the ability to change the color scheme?

Am I missing something?
I can't find it either. Jules said he's stripped out a lot of old code - it's certainly very snappy and fast loading, but maybe that included the colour editor. Hopefully it will come back soon, GUI is too light for me, but not a deal breaker, the improvements overall are amazing.

whyterabbyt wrote:
zendorf wrote:Ok, just purchased it and the email states that it comes with a free license of Melodyne Essential, which is impressive since it costs $99 alone! No big deal for me since I have had Melodyne editor for a while (plus the Essentials version that I got with Studio One), but this will be a big draw for many. Will be interested to try out this version of ARA...

Can you confirm that it has ARA, then?
well, answering myself, from the demo it looks like it doesnt. that's on the basis of adding melodyne as a clip effect; the 'Transfer' button is still active and needed.

minor issues:
T5, like T4, still seems to be a bit fussy with iLok'd plugins too; doesnt seem to give them enough time to authorise and it becomes a bit of a mess trying to manually get them to pick up licenses; you seem to have to find an 'order' to manually hit the authorize button, or keep doing scans.

Im also seeing inconsistencies in the way the plugin menus are being displayed (in both popup tree and popup menu mode)

<pluginroot>\_Tools\Routing\Crossovers nests 3 deep in the menu as
_Tools>>Routing>>Crossovers
which is how i'd want it; one 'nesting' per folder depth

However

<pluginroot>Synths\Digital nests 1 deep in a single menu item as
"Synths\Digital"
so I wind up with ten Synths\<subcategory> entries.

and this isnt the onyl place although subfolders of that sometimes work at lower levels of nesting.

<pluginroot>Effects\Delay\ nests 1 deep in the menu as
"Effects\Delay"
and
<pluginroot>Effects\Delay\_Multitap nests 2 deep in the menu as
"Effects\Delay">>_Multitap

ie there are about 25 menu entries like "Effects\category"one for each subfolder of my effects folder.

But actually even that is not even consistent, as some top-level menu entries are actually three folders deep ("Effects\category\subcategory"), eg

<pluginroot>Effects\Delay\_Multitap\Supertap nests 3 deep in the menu as
"Effects\Delay">>_Multitap>>SuperTap

but
<pluginroot>Effects\Dynamics\Multifunction\C1 nests 2 deep in the menu as
"Effects\Dynamics\Multifunction">>C1
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Some really interesting new features
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Nice. Congrats to the Tracktion team. :tu:

6mb is a really small and quick download. Smaller than R****r. The demo downloaded and installed really quickly.

P.S. It's sometimes good to get "virgin" user impressions about stuff and in that regard, I'm still trying to figure out how to get an instrument going in it. I scanned my VST directory but I don't see how to load a VST instrument. Off to the manual.

@LawrenceF ... Drag the filter icon at top right (blue with cross on it) to the filter area to right of track - select the instrument vst. Select the input midi device on left of the track, arm the input and bingo.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Freeze points are flipping awesome. CPU manager is flipping awesome.

Can't get drumatic4 to work with the step sequence thingy though. Mapped to C1 for kick, click play, no sound.

Can one of you guys give me a quick tip? I still haven't figured out how to load VST Instruments. I know it's probably staring me right in the face.

Thanks.
Last edited by LawrenceF on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@Grymmjack ... try C2 ;)
@LawrenceF didya see my post above

operandx wrote:@LawrenceF didya see my post above
Oh, actually I didn't thanks. Will try that.

Duh. :( I thought that was all just audio filters, the instruments are listed there also, I see them now in the big list, thanks. ;)

operandx wrote:@Grymmjack ... try C2 ;)
@LawrenceF didya see my post above
Cheers. Why does it show as C1 in the inspector though?

This worked. Weird.. I seem to recall something about this as a known issue for Tracktion.

I'm in brand newbie Scooby Doo mode. :) Now I have a bass clip playing out of the sampler range and I don't see transpose setting in the clip properties to pitch it up.

I think I'm gonna have to do this the old fashioned way and download the manual.

The UI feels really smooth in general... really responsive.

Ctrl a to select all notes in clip then choose transpose from the bottom controls panel. Now go and read the manual ;)

LawrenceF wrote:I'm in brand newbie Scooby Doo mode. :) Now I have a bass clip playing out of the sampler range and I don't see transpose setting in the clip properties to pitch it up.

I think I'm gonna have to do this the old fashioned way and download the manual.

The UI feels really smooth in general... really responsive.
You can also drag a Pitch filter in, it works for both audio and midi types.

FYI - from the receipt email:
Traction5 orders will include a free license of Melodyne Essential by Celemony (expected to launch in the next several weeks).
In case you're wondering where it is - looks like it's yet to be bundled. Cool offer though, props to the TSC guys, this is going to be a big draw I think.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

I own T4s last version.
Do I have to buy the new upgrade???

cheers
classic

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”