What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What has pissed you off today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

robojam
KVRAF

20806 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:25 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

Hink wrote:
robojam wrote:Working from home today, but not sure if all the snow will melt today. If the roads are dry before it hits freezing again I'll probably be OK, but if not I've got the shitty 23 mile drive tomorrow on roads in an area not prepared for snow and ice. It's not really that I doubt my ability to drive, it's more than people here are clueless about driving in icy conditions.

I'm not sure which is worse, those who believe they can drive in anything because they are use to such conditions (not you) or those who are clueless because they are not use to such conditions (still not you :hihi: ). Around here far too often driving carefully in icy and snowy conditions is considered a sign of someone who CANNOT drive in the snow and those who "know how to drive" in these conditions prove themselves by driving way too fast in all wheel drive vehicles blasting the careful drivers if you know what I mean. As you know I have to cross the river a lot, you would be surprised how many people do not have a clue that bridges freeze first and can freeze when the temp is above freezing.

Of course there are some drivers who actually believe that perhaps setting the alarm 1/2 an hour early and leaving early is a better idea than hitting snooze three more times...but they never seem to be on the road with me :hihi:

I hope you can stay home :)

Actually I'm at work now and it wasn't too bad. I left an hour later than rush hour and the roads weren't that busy. Saw wrecks on the way and idiots everywhere, but I took it slow and kept my eyes on the road and other traffic.

Should be gone by this afternoon as the temperature should stay in the mid to high 30s for the rest of the day.
werp
KVRian

1018 posts since 14 Aug, 2012, from Australia

Postby werp; Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:42 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

struggling like hell to stay awake. new drug for nerve pain works but makes me so damn drowsy that I'm useless anyway. Slice and Dice time I think.
My avatar is fat and lazy, I'm 11 pixels narrower but just as lazy.
SODDI
KVRAF

2683 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:25 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

werp wrote:struggling like hell to stay awake. new drug for nerve pain works but makes me so damn drowsy that I'm useless anyway. Slice and Dice time I think.

A lot of times the side FX (drowsiness in this case) will dissipate over the course of a couple 3 weeks as you get accustomed to the drug, so bear with it as much you can. If it doesn't go away, contact your doctor.

The main thing is, does it help with the pain? I hope so.
Hink
Rad Grandad

24715 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:30 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Didn't sleep last night as I'm extremely nervous/on edge because I get my scan results late this afternoon on what already is a really f**ked up spine, discs, nerves and all totally shot. It is a case of nothing can be done and it is degenerative meaning f**k all can be done to fix it since it isn't anything I did to damage it, Its grown with me since bloody puberty. All I can expect is 'Well Mr.Stockwell it is x amount of magnitudes more f**ked since we last looked five or six years ago". I'm only thirty one and I feel like a damned burden to my family and just wish that neither of my two children suffer anything like it (My Mother does, So chances are + a splash of my oh so good luck one of them will do). I will loath myself even more so the day that ever happens

Plenty more that's got my goat but that is the big one and I'll leave it at that for now

Best to everyone as always

Dean I'm wishing the best for you, shoot me a message on FB if yah need to chat (we have some catching up to do anyhow). There is no way on this earth that you should be angry at yourself or blame yourself if either of your children get the same condition and I know you're not a burden to your family. Dean you're an amazing man and tbh if I can half the man you are I am doing fantastic, you put your family first, you're a great dad (who has had a lot to deal with) and you come to KvR, often a sea of hate and have always been top notch. That's what your children will get from you (or one of the many good things)...hell you're twice the man I am just for going to the doctor :hihi: So please take care of yourself, in fact I hope you get that ibby soon because you deserve to spoil yourself once in a while...thanx for being my friend, I am truly the better just having you for a friend and if there is anything I can do to help just let me know (even if you just need some corny jokes to cheer your up) :hug:
New Song LBS
Hink
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:35 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

trimph1 wrote:Dean: :hug: test results always get to me as well.
Vurt: :hug: take care.

Speaking of scans...doctors ordered new scans for me as well now...got phone call this morning. :scared:

it's amazing how many issues you have had to go through Barry, I couldn't handle it...I imagine what you share here is just the tip of the iceberg...stay strong my friend because you're a sign of strength to many :hug:
New Song LBS
SODDI
KVRAF

Postby SODDI; Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:08 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

It's not so much that people are idiots - it's that they are BELLIGERENT idiots.
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8269 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:07 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

My internet connection is extremely slow - 40 kbps!!! - that I cannot listen to any other music today except to Soma FM which has streams with 32 kbps! :cry:
SODDI
KVRAF

Postby SODDI; Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:19 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

Molecules and kittehs.
Hink
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:50 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

Phil's a fraud
New Song LBS
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:59 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

Hink wrote:Phil's a fraud
Should I send you a more reliable groundhog from our alps?
Hink
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:37 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Hink wrote:Phil's a fraud
Should I send you a more reliable groundhog from our alps?

they would just exploit him/her too...turns out it doen't matter whether he sees his shadow...it's pre-decided...that's it, I'm going back to granny's weather beelte :shrug:

New Song LBS
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:49 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

If they would suddenly wake me up from my hibernation, I'd see shadows, too... :help:
hibidy
KVRAF

41051 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:19 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

I thought not watching the superbowl would lessen the blow, I was wrong.
Ford Prefect
KVRAF

2126 posts since 13 Jun, 2002, from Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Postby Ford Prefect; Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:14 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Got mugged this weekend...no money for a month...my fault drinking on the bad side of town... :( :help: :(
werp
KVRian

1018 posts since 14 Aug, 2012, from Australia

Postby werp; Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:16 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

$6000 tax bill.
God knows where that came from, I haven't had any income at all for two years.
Not one number on that page has anything to do with me. Silly Sods.
I expect I'll get fed in jail.
:(
My avatar is fat and lazy, I'm 11 pixels narrower but just as lazy.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic