any alternatives to vstforx?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have vstforx but would like to try some other similar graphical chainer plugins. Any alternatives that are free?

Studio Units, its free and has some unique features and allows feedback routing
Amazon: why not use an alternative

thanks - that does look just the thing except ... it is only for 32 bit plugins :( A real shame

Mux is pretty awesome too
Amazon: why not use an alternative

+1 for MUX (it's not free though)

A good free option, inl. 64bit: Image Line recently introduced Mini Host.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

MUX from MuTools (not free) and the recently relesad beta of Minihost Modular by Image Line (free).
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

VstBoard (free) has an x64 version too.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vstboard/

thanks for those other suggestions - MUX looks pretty good but is way more than I need, mini host looks just right, and I'll also check out the VSTboard

thanks again, woggle

bpblog wrote:the recently relesad beta of Minihost Modular by Image Line (free).
Seems to run lightly and works well. Loads MIDI, audio and synth VSTs.

Metaplugin

firepile wrote:Metaplugin
damn if that was still $15 I would probably get it, but $49 is a bit too much - but it doesn't allow for 32 and 64 bit plugins at the same time. That seems to be a universal issue

If you like FL, IL Minihost will probably be what you want.
Not saying FL could use some room for improvement, but... it could.
Minihost looks like a lot of fun in a small package, but will lack some more advanced things

I'm wanting something to overcome the awful Reaper interface for plug in chaining so that I can build more complex parallel and in-series fx. But the Reaper interface is so unintuitive - eg follow the instructions in the manual for parallel fx chaining on p305 of the manual. That seems pretty straightforward. Then reduce all the inputs to the JS mixer - you still get a sound, with no input volume! Now I am sure there is a great reason for this buried somewhere in the haphazard and clunky interface, but typically one expects zero input volume to lead to zero output.

camsr wrote:If you like FL, IL Minihost will probably be what you want.
Not saying FL could use some room for improvement, but... it could.
Minihost looks like a lot of fun in a small package, but will lack some more advanced things
I mainly do audio and use imported midi files I write using software I've written. I never do pattern based music, so even though I've looked at FL a few times and it looks an amazing deal, it isn't really for me. Reaper is almost fine, but the interface is so clunky and each new version seems to run Kontakt worse than the last. Unfortunately I don't have much money so a lot of DAWs are out of my price range

Well, save up, then :)
Try out AudioMulch, it sounds like what you want.

Return to “Effects”