Wi-Fi, Lemur, enChord and iConectMidi2+ Please Help

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Yesterday I posted my questions on the Liine Forum but so far none has responded. Liine offers no direct customer support. Here I am at KVR and in desperate need of some help.

Very important thread which I have posted:
iConnectMIDI2+ DOES work with Lemur! http://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3743
My OP on a New Topic http://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3865

enChord http://www.avantgardesound.com/
Liine: http://liine.net/en/support/lemur

Let’s start with a simple but very important question instead of listing all of them at one:

The Ipad, iConnectMIDI2+ and the PC work with several of the Midi Controller apps such as Animoog and Sound Prism.

I bought Lemur for iPad (Air) and enChord. EnChord is a Midi Controller app that is installed on the PC. There is no enChord app on the App store. EnChord required Lemur to work.

My Windows 7 PC has a wired internet connection and no Wi-Fi. I can get Wi-Fi if need be.

I could not find anywhere that the Wi-Fi on the PC is a must and not just an alternate to a USB connection.

So the question is: Is a Wi-Fi connection required to at least to set up enChord? Shofarsogood http://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3743 says Wi-Fi is not required. To be fair not sure if he was referring to my situation. How does enChord ibecome visible and functional on the iPad?

In the lemur setup you can specify to use an iconnect midi out port.
This output can be used then as an Windows Midi In port.

So no wifi needed.

No wifi required to use enchord... But I think one needs to connect EnChord to channel 2 (in Lemur) on the IPad..

But you should get a wifi connection... It just so right..

Rajah and Bathrobe, Thanks for your input. Are you using enChord?

Sorry for repeating myself:

Lemur is installed in PC and as well in the iPad.

EnChord is installed in the PC but there is not iPad version.

The trick I need to learn is how to get the enChord PC version to appear and function on my iPad.

Is a Wi-Fi connection required to do this? My PC has no Wi-Fi but I can get it if need be.

Once set up yes I understand there should be no problem with midi on the iConnectMIDI2+ as it will be the same as my other successfully working apps like Animoog and Sound Prism.

I hope someone that has already accomplished this to give advice how to set up without Wi-Fi.

Thanks Rajah,
Connect the iPad with the standard USB cable.
I disconnect the iConncrMIDI2+ and use the lightning to USB adaptor.
Assume the other end goes to the PC. Correct?
Launch iTunes.
In the iPad, No in the PC.
Open Lemur.
In the iPad. NO open the Lemur Editor in the PC.

At :21 the video states to launch iTunes. I assume it means in the PC (or Mac)

I already have Lemur Editor installed on the PC. I tried trial and error well mostly error but that did not help. I logged in and my Apple iTunes window does not at all look like the one I the Video.

So now I believe I am I the right track. Apparently this can be done without Wi-Fi on my PC but does the Wi-Fi need to be turned on the iPad?

I need to learn the Apple mindset as I am a PC guy and having a hack of a time maneuvering in the Apple Browser. Also need to learn Lemur and iPad.

Is it possible that I have the iPhone version of Lemur instead of the Ipad version?

I authorized Home Sharing on ITunes. Is this proper way to be authorize to see “file sharing” But still cannot find the “Sync Aps” nor “file Sharing” in the iTunes.

Looks like I need a lot more help to get things finalized.

I realize it took everyone else 10 minutes tops to do this instead of days. It has drained my soul and what is left is disillusionment about all that the iPad, Lemur and enChord can do.

Show Menu Bar on ITunes!!! :o
Seeing the menu bar with all the menus I am sure will come in handy. :roll: :lol:
It would make more sense to show it as default with an option to hide it. :P

Making very slow progress but still need much more help to get enChord to work properly. :help:

Try to get a wifi stick for your pc so you can circumvent the iconnect2+ for a while.

I think you need bonjour installed on the pc to get a connection between ipad lemur and the lemur editor on the pc.
Once you have the connection established you can transfer the lemur template enchord from the editor to your ipad with just a click on a button on the top right in the editor window.

I know it can be a hassle and it may ask for a lot of patience sometimes.
Last night i tried several several hours to make my iconnect2+ work correctly with audiopassthrough and midi. I think i may just have a faulty unit.
The amount of time to make things work sometimes is just insane ^^

I can´t believe it. I have just plugged in another usb-cable from the iconnect2+ to my mac.
20cm short and with a ferrite bead.
Now everything works, audio passthrough and midi.

Maybe this can help you with your problem too, just maybe.

Bathrobe wrote:Try to get a wifi stick for your pc so you can circumvent the iconnect2+ for a while.

I think you need bonjour installed on the pc to get a connection between ipad lemur and the lemur editor on the pc.
Once you have the connection established you can transfer the lemur template enchord from the editor to your ipad with just a click on a button on the top right in the editor window.

I know it can be a hassle and it may ask for a lot of patience sometimes.
Last night i tried several several hours to make my iconnect2+ work correctly with audiopassthrough and midi. I think i may just have a faulty unit.
The amount of time to make things work sometimes is just insane ^^
Bathrobe,

What word will describe worse than insane? I am it seems always in the process of trying to make music rather than busy making music. Probably all my fault. Being technically challenged is not helpful. This last episode with Lemur and enChord and iConectMIDI2+ has put me in a negative state regarding making music. After spending days and hours on this and other threads I am seriously considering getting out of music and doing photography or painting.

I have too much time and money invested but mostly time to call it quits. However now I am at a stand still wasting my time and the time of all that are attempting to help me. I can always donate my music computer to my musically minded but like me technically challenged niece and let her face the problems. No, I am good uncle and for that reason I will stay on course for a while longer. As they say “Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results”. You know what that makes me.

I have removed the iConnectMID2+ and now connected to the PC directly from the Ipad by the Lightning and USB adaptor. They can see each other. Now what?

I am beginning to think that the ITunes and Wi-Fi are not required to accomplish getting enChord to the Ipad.

Glad that you are making progress with your issues. If you are the Tampa area let me know.

Last time i was in Tampa was 20 years ago. And it will probably take another another 20 years to revisit that beautiful spot. If i was anywhere near i would stop by for sure.

Yeah, itunes and windows are not best friends. Heck, itunes and mac drives me mad too.
I´m surprised that the ipad and pc can see each other without itunes.

Anyway you are trying to send midi to the pc via cable. I doubt it will work without an intermediate mididevice live the iconnect2+. Because to get midi to work you would need to establish a lan network. And the cable lan is definitely a no-go for the ipad. I researched that about 4 months ago.

So try to get a wifi stick for the pc, just to leave the iconnect2+ out of the equation for the sake of testing. I feel you that all this time for getting this work is nerve wracking.
But i really think you are almost there as long you don´t try to involve other technologies to reach the goal of making some music.

I remember that with rtpMIDI i was good in 30minutes on my Win 7 PC.
http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html

Just get the ipad and the pc into the same network. Either with a wifi router or ad-hoc network.
Install Bonjour and rtpMIDI and when you get midi to work we shall take the next step with lemur.

Maybe we can get a skype session for you in a couple of hours when my wife finishes her birthdayparty sleep.

Success!

Hello,

The object here it to get enChord unto the iPad, Save it and be able to use it as easily as other midi controller apps.

No USB cable between iPad and PC is required.
IconnectMIDI2+ not required for the setup.
iTunes is not required.
Lemur Editor V. 4.11 is installed
The Lemur Daemon whatever it is I did not touch it so do not know if it was On or Off.
This procedure is for the enChord V.1 for Lemur but reChorder could very well also apply. They are called Lemur Templates. Someone please correct me here if I am wrong.
EnChord is downloaded to the PC. There is not enChord for the iPad.

My Studio setup:
Windows 7 64 bit PC. No Wi-Fi but connected to DLink Router which has Wi-Fi
The iConnectMID2+ is in place. Best to remove it for the set-up procedure. It can be re-connected when all is working fine.
iPad (mine is Air however this should work with other Versions of iPad) Wifi must be turned on. In this it setup same D-Link router services the Ipad and the PC.

Open Lemur Editor and Lemur on the iPad.
On Lemur Editor Open Project. Open lemur as save it as enChord Test 1 to be safe.
In Connections select the iPad and click on download. This will put enChord on your iPad.
On the iPad Under Settings save the enChord project.
Open a DAW in your PC and see if it will play any notes.
If all Ok you can disconnect the PC internet. Turn off the iPad Wi-Fi and close the Lemur Editor in the PC.

Now you can re-connect the iConnectMidI2+ and return to making music with the iPad as you usually do.

Tip: Open windows Explorer (Windows E) If the iPad is visible it will show up here.
In the Lemur Editor Settings if the Local IP is 127.0.0.1 it is not a good sign. It should something like read 192.168.0.XX6. Someone please correct me here if I am wrong.
In Lemur Editor, Connections window the IP should be 192.168.0.xx8.

Note: I may have missed some steps and may had added some un-necessary ones

Some useful link but some if the content may be very confusing leading one to be committed at an insane asylum.
At Liine Forums http://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3743 shofarsogood did a great job here but probably due to my fault I could not get it to work using his procedure.
enChord http://www.avantgardesound.com/
Liine: http://liine.net/en/support/lemur
iConnectMIDI2+ http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI2plus

Thanks to all for all the help offered.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”